• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi Ike Users-Quick question...

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
How often to you get your kill using great beefer? My friend hits his mark 75% of the time, im wondering if he needs to brush up his skills... thanks

GREEEAAAAATTT BEEEEEFFEERRR!!!!

joetan

Smash Rookie
Yeah me and my friends don't use items at all. I like the serious way of playing more.

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry but... I LOL serious, not at you... serious destroys this game, Sure you "have fun", but for the most part its killing this games core (exactly like melee), Im all for tournaments ,even booting items in them is ok, but chilling with your friends shouldnt be "serious"...that is just so wrong.

KHSteve

Smash Rookie
D'you know, I get the feeling the "items r cool" discussion has been done before. Or maybe not!

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
many times im sure... this isnt even one of those threads, and im only saying that "serious" is a joke of a word to describe a form of play for smash bros.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
TBH you just sound stupid to me arguing how we should play against our own friends saying that the way we like to play a game is just wrong. Might as well start telling us to use wii remotes and not gamecube controllers because according to you that would be talking away from the games core since its a wii game not gamecube one.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we think that the game is more fun without items. Ever think of that?

Actually, in all seriousness, almost all of us here at Smashboards DO find it much more fun without items. Items were just made as an equalizer so newbies could come close to beating professionals. Really, no items is much more fun. Much more intense, too.

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
Wow, such an argument. I like fighting with items but to not fall out of the feel of tournament play, I try to fight without items.

I especially like to find one of those explosive boxes and use Ike's Eruption move on it, screaming "Let's die together!" as I charge the move and fall on the box.
Great kill.

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
Facepalm* read my posts, i clearly said not having items would be fine by me.... I speak of serious play not as "fox only, final destination" cause that could be what you do with your friends, fine with me...With "serious play" Im talking about you taking the bloody game seriously, not as a made for fun nintendo game... but obviously not 100% of all people on these forums bash people for good reason, Im sorry if this was too long for some of you to actually read

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Once again, if you think theyre unrelated (playing seriously and whether or not you use items), why did you bring up something "unrelated" when we said we didn't play with smashballs?

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
Once again, if you think theyre unrelated (playing seriously and whether or not you use items), why did you bring up something "unrelated" when we said we didn't play with smashballs?
LOL wut? I dont fully follow...but,lets just leave it at... "Im sorry If I offended any "serious players" My question went unanswered (I dont think anyone even knows what I asked without hitting the page 1 button again (I even forgot at one point)) and I shouldnt have stepped into the Ike forums, Ill be on my way" Is that good?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No need to kick the guy out, you play how you want to play, and just leave everybody else alone. To answer the OP, if your question was what %s does Ike's final smash kill, it's really at a low %, even with DI (wather that can be applied after you go flying from it or not I am not too sure) I have seen it kill where the person started somewhere ~20%, and they end up dying with well over 90%.

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
sorry i phrased my question wrong, Im talking about how often do you get your hit, not what % you kill them at, And I guess my apology wasnt accepted.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, I don't remember the last time I used Great Aether, been doing a lot of "competitive play" but to answer your question it just depends on the player with a little luck.

By the way don't completly ignore a thread, especially the Ike threads, you just happened to get some bad luck with responses but we really do have friends that we fight for.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Great Aether sounds way cooler in Japanese. Actually, Ike sounds cooler in Japanese...

Anywho, spam Great Aether ftw. Guaranteed to get a kill eventually!

IF4MF

Smash Rookie
I was playing with my cousins for fun, so we used the smash ball. I can say that when I was playing Ike, it would hit like 100% of the time in a team match. 1 on 1 with one of them vs. me with smash ball on is just not fair, so there were hardly 1 on 1. With my friends, I would land about 70% of them in 1 on 1 matches.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Maybe if you named the attack right more people would have answered it, the first post looks like a joke post. Then you try to tell use how we should have fun playing this game, that is something I hate to see, I do not care about your opinion on items and you should enjoy the game the way you want, but I don't want you to tell me how I should play the game I bought when I am with my friends. It is not killing the core of the game to play it with the options given to you, turning off items is one that has been there since the beginning.

Now, you are not as bad as other people when it comes to your post, you actually have a somewhat open mind on the subject. As for your topic, I rarely play with items to know an average % I hit great aether at.

Top Bottom