• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hey people please rate my Link

Roman.

Smash Champion
Pretty good link, I liked it. You used your bombs very well as a combo starter. You have a really nice grasp on link. There was some rolling that just should never have happened and wasn't needed. Try using the boomerang a little more and not just for damage, but to set-up your opponent. If peach is coming back, send the boomerang up so she drops and you get a free hit on her. I really didn't see much of anything wrong with your link.

NekoNoBaka13

Smash Rookie
I saw a lot of awesome things. Your bomb drop to Dair was awesome, I'm gonna experiment with that. Another awesome tactic I saw was Nair-dbl jump-Fair... I'll experiment with that too... Careful though, you used it like four times in one much against that peach. That's too many O_o;

You didn't use projectiles very much in your combos, but theres nothing wrong with that.

I didn't like some of your approaches though. Sometimes you tapped a Nair on their shield. That doesn't do much of anything. I use my nair mostly as 1. defensive move, out of a shield. 2. keep pressure, hover outside their range. 3. edgeguard off the ledge. But using it to approach them and attack their shield really doesn't do anything. Doesn't stun them, doesn't hurt their shield much, and it opens you up for a shieldgrab, unless you land behind them. But you cant land behind a peach, you get dsmashed.

I didn't like your Fair either. You spaced it well - it hit, but it was far enough away that you dont get shieldgrabbed. But after the fair, you usually rolled away. If you're in position like that, to attack their shield without fear of grabs, keep wailing on them! Don't let up the pressure! Fair is a great approach, not because its a decent hit, but because it has enough range for you to eliminate some of their defensive options. It gives you control of the fight, and opens itself up to more offensive options.

But other than that, you got a lot of great things going, a good feel for Link.

Oh yeah, you might want to experiment with jumping and projectiles. Just to see if you like it. I learned to use my jump/projectiles by watching Aniki. Changed my approach completely

Top Bottom