• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HEY NEWCOMERs!

Skrlx

Smash Champion
YOU with the single post or a couple posts that recently joined Smashboards, you asked a question related to Smash or setting up an emulator but then you DISAPPEAR. Do you guys ever join Galaxy 64 :(

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Some people want to set it up so that they can play with their friends. At least that's what most people have it for. I had some friends play me on the emulator, and they enjoyed playing me, but didn't feel like playing other people (either because they don't know them, or they just don't want to face really good people and get destroyed...).

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, no it doesn't short-term. However, it may result in more people in the long run. Take me for example. My TV was always being used, so I couldn't play smash on it (I was a melee guy at the time, never heard of competitive smash in any game). I remembered having played nintendo 64 games on the computer at a friend's place 5 years previous, so I decided to give it a try. I played on the computer vs cpu's for many months. I then found out (don't know how) that pj64 could actually go online, so I decided to give that a try, and then, slowly but surely, I played against people online more and more. Later, I discovered smashboards, and... well, 3 months later, I discovered the 64 section on smashboards (lol). Then I found out that there actually was a competitive scene. So I tried it out, lurked the 64 boards, and slowly began becoming competitive. I then decided to start posting, and... well...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215730&page=8

But since then, I've played more and more, and am one of the more competitive 64 players in the community (doesn't mean good or bad... just more competitive).

So... just because someone doesn't start playing new people online now doesn't mean they won't come back later.

If that's too long for people to read, summary: New people may decide not to play on servers for now, but later they might come back and play new people.

yeah buddy

Smash Rookie
i was on galaxy a lot for a while, but then i got sc2 beta so my smashing slowed down considerably

Battlecow

Play to Win
I got into the online scene by signing up so that I could start one of those threads on how one could counter DK's grabspam (or maybe to ask why it was weird playing with two people on Keyboard. I don't recall). I started reading, got linked to an Isai vid, and haven't gotten out since.

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
I've liked smash since it first came out, but I didn't realize or know it was such a big scene. And now that I got into it again, meeting kool people making friends having fun even with online play I decided to join the threads :D!

Top Bottom