• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, new to Wolf :)

Blad01

Smash Lord
Hi all proud Wolf mainers ^^

I usually hate this sort of post with a passion. But since the Wolf Boards don't seem very active, and that the guide is not being uploaded anymore, i think it's a bit necessary for me ^^

So i'm new to Wolf :) I don't like the character, but i do like his moveset :D Of course, i love his Bair ^^

But i've a few questions... Actually, it concerns mostly Nair. It seems mike a godd move to me, but the lack of hitsun after the first hit makes the counter so easy :/ So how to use it ? Out Of shield, in a SH Nair to Shine fashion ?

Some others things... Usually, when i pick a character, i try to discover mindgames with him (that i keep for myself), and tricks (that i can share ^^). So i'm in this testing phase, but since i'm a little late, you probably know these already ^^

1- When you fall of a platform, then jump DI towards the platform, you can do a Bair, followed by any other attack. You can use the first Bair as a fake-out, and do another Bair, or Nair, or Shine.
2- Footstool jump is actually pretty good with Wolf ôO I did two things with it :
- Do a SH Bair, then jump, DI twoards your opponent. If the opponent released his shield or jump, it does a footstool jump. Then you can do a FF Dair. It looks pretty awesome, but is very situational of course ^^
- FF Shine to Footstool on a recovering Ike... Well, it's pretty effective XD

So yes, do you have any tips ? I think i overall understand how to play Wolf, and i've already developped my playstyle a bit with him. i've already read the guides and important threads, so i know that you should keep a fresh KO move, that Bair is awesome, etc. But any tips would be appreiciated ^^

Thanks ;)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Welcome to the wolf boards, Blad01. As to your question, nair is not really a good move. The lack of hitstun really lets it down, but you can use the weak hits from a SH to combo into jab or dsmash or whatever, but only if your opponent doesn't know how crappy nair is.

Nice tricks, wolf's bair is great for faking people out. I've never tried anything with footstooling (it's evil), but you can aerial footstool grounded opponents after an uair at low %s, which can set up a nair lock (the weak hits of nair do this, but I don't find it worth the trouble). The only little trick I use is blaster to reverse my momentum when I'm launched vertically so I'm harder to juggle.

The Max is Back

Smash Cadet
Well I usually use nair to disrupt my opponent’s recovery or continually short hop into it next to the ledge when they (the opponent) try to climb up.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
When to use Nair? As a punishing move, it's crap for killing and approaching >_>

Uhm... any tips... uh... know everything about this character >_> That's the board's job, as for how you use this character? You get figure that out.

Top Bottom