• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, is anyone new here?

DJKai

Smash Cadet
NNID
DJKaiTime
3DS FC
0989-1745-4440
Thank you! @Richard 89 M2K is most likely coming to my tournament in January, cause he placed first in it last year, but hopefully I'll be able to learn and practice enough that i'll place high!

DJKai

Smash Cadet
NNID
DJKaiTime
3DS FC
0989-1745-4440
The tournament is called Kumite in Tennessee or KiT. I can't wait to go to my first tournament, I'm just getting practice in everyday now :b

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm *kinda* new because I heard about the scene in late 2012 and didn't really get into it until juust before the EVO fundraiser in 2013, and then I finally made my account on Smashboards. I went to my first Tournament in February of this year and placed 9th out of about 16 people (Lol, I know), got 1st in a local smash tournament at a friend's house out of 8 people, and then went to a few local tournaments and placed extremely low back to back until I went to SKTAR 3 on May 31st and placed 65th out of ~256 entrants in melee. Welcome all of the newer than myself players on the boards! Just letting you know, never get discouraged if you get beaten bad at your first tournament. It happens to every single person in the smash scene. There is at least one new guy at every tournament getting bopped. But the good part about it all is, as soon as you go to more tournaments, you'll get better and better exponentially. So, keep at it! That's what I did! If anyone here wants to chat, friend me/send me a PM on here! Also, if you're reeallyyy interested in keeping up to date on tournaments, go on Facebook and start friend requesting people you meet at tournaments, follow people on Twitter, and join the social smash groups that apply to your region/melee social groups in general. You will find a lot of tournaments near your area and you won't have to look on Smashboards to find them all!

DJKai

Smash Cadet
NNID
DJKaiTime
3DS FC
0989-1745-4440
Thanks for the advice, Smash Cadet B) i'll definitely keep it in mind. It sure helps having such a good community like this. I'm officially in love with the nice part of the smash community, they're so diverse! I hope I stick to it and become a well known name one day! B)

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the advice, Smash Cadet B) i'll definitely keep it in mind. It sure helps having such a good community like this. I'm officially in love with the nice part of the smash community, they're so diverse! I hope I stick to it and become a well known name one day! B)
Yeah, our community is typically strong in welcoming new players. If someone calls you a post-documentary ***, they're probably trolling. Ignore them because the post-doc people are the future and they're also proof that our community is actually getting crazier! Anyway, you don't have to be the best to be a well-known name. The more you help out, the more friends you make, the more friends you make, the happier you'll be!

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Hey there! I've heard about your community since I was very little and I felt the urge to join recently due to the new smash bros coming out later this year. However the main urge of joining was my friends placing high in small tournaments and being overall better than me, leading soon to me trying to be a competitive player in Super Smash Bros. This as a result made watch videos of Smash Bros to giving tips and tricks, intense tournament replays, and many other guides to help me on my quest to be just like them and become a "smasher" like I always hoped. One day however when I found this website (via tournament replay) I stumbled upon smash boards and sought to join it to maybe become a real "smasher" and play this game competitively.

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
Hey there! I've heard about your community since I was very little and I felt the urge to join recently due to the new smash bros coming out later this year. However the main urge of joining was my friends placing high in small tournaments and being overall better than me, leading soon to me trying to be a competitive player in Super Smash Bros. This as a result made watch videos of Smash Bros to giving tips and tricks, intense tournament replays, and many other guides to help me on my quest to be just like them and become a "smasher" like I always hoped. One day however when I found this website (via tournament replay) I stumbled upon smash boards and sought to join it to maybe become a real "smasher" and play this game competitively.
Welcome! Best of luck to you! The best motivation is the motivation to beat friends!

Top Bottom