• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Guys NinjaLinks Zelda Vids

Zone

Smash Champion
Well vs the Captain Falcon,
you were too offensive in my experience.
The only safe offensive moves I use on Captain Falcon, are after he misses of course...
But if he's waiting for it, Spaced kick or jab, Or if you been nailing captain falcon with some approaching moves he may go into defensive mode. That's when sometimes you dash at them you just grab instead. I'm sure you already know this, but it's good to be reminded of things because things can be easily forgotten in the event of a match.

On battlefield if you get captain falcon off the edge, he really should be dead. Although that's kinda the case for all characters vs him almost lol.

Jab when captain falcon approaches more often, it outranges his grab, dash attack, sometimes his knee.

Random vs Captain Falcon Knowledge:

The smash attack sparkle stuns captain falcon and kills him sometimes even not sweet spotting ur smash attack. if he's recovering. It hits kidna below the edge and hits it even when he's really close to sweet spotting.

Don't let him get underneath you at mid-low %'s

Dash attacks @ 30%ish (When it's done really close to the captain) leads to grabs. I noticed you did get a dash attack to kick in though. But if you can get the grab in thats a bit more % for the kick. (Of course doesn't work so well on platform stages which you were on)

Downtilt a diminishing shield when Captain falcon is like 100% ish and it'll shield poke and you can kick his butt with a move of your choice.

Try lightshielding captain falcons aerials, saves you from his l-canceled jabs and grabs. and even spaces you for kicks.

Remember Forwardtilt pushes ur enemy back while their shield is up, good to know for spacing

Against Falcons that like to spam spot dodge, use naryu's love just a little more often. (these falcons are unlikeling since falcons spot dodge isn't that good)

Try really hard not to get grabbed by falcon. It leads to combos and knees and death.

If falcon is able to grab the edge, and you couldn't stop him. your better off retreating a bit, and get out of any aerial range.

I know this sounds like it won't work but it does alot. Even if captain falcon is ledge hogging you. Sweetspot anyways, Most likely he will assume you don't want to die cuz he's holding it, he'll jump over and try to find where you land, only to realize you just sweet spotted. Now don't do it ALL the time. but more of the time. Because frankly, your gonna get knee'd if you land on the stage near the edge he's hogging.

he's easy to edge stall, and if you hit him with farore's wind while edge stalling that leads to a kick alot. And even Death if he accidently DI's behind you after the Up+B hit.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Dark Peach's Falcon needs to not be afraid to attack through you, and to use his back air more, and learn some grab combos. Good work against Rockin, Rockin needs to learn the same lessons lol; got to get up in there and make sure the first hit of a multi hit attack hits, or the first part of a slow move hits, otherwise you're just being slow.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yea i kno how to fight falcon i did bad in those. I kept letting him grab me. Strangely he didnt put up my good ones............. Good advice. Against rockin i had to do the same thing cause all he did was crouch cancel. Kinda annoying. So i couldnt be diverse with that.

Zone

Smash Champion
Yea i kno how to fight falcon i did bad in those. I kept letting him grab me. Strangely he didnt put up my good ones............. Good advice. Against rockin i had to do the same thing cause all he did was crouch cancel. Kinda annoying. So i couldnt be diverse with that.
Diverse with what exactly? Sorry I can't critique Zelda vs Zelda I know nothing of that match up. The Falcon matchup just stood out to me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wo wo wo! hold the phone for a sec. Your good ones? dude, these are all I have of your Zelda. There is one more I did not add yet and thats when you beat me, by a stock when I ran off the stage by mistake and you took advantage of it FTW. Dont go thinking cause I just got into Falcon that if I win, your not playing good. Seriously now, If your gonna start saying that out loud, please, Use Zelda against someone else. Cause I dont like hearing things like that from you, like that video of Peach Vs Mewtwo and what you said there. dont start it again. You seem to be doing just fine to me. What cause you could not 3 stock me and such, you played bad? Dont think I dont know you cause I do obviously, thats why it came to one stock. and FYI, nearly all our matches are by one stock, wether I win or you. You beat rockin, You beat my Zelda twice in a ditto and you beat my falcon once in a match I may put up today. and now you played bad. You did fine you loser. What you expected 4 stocks here? If I play you a certain way it annoying or its a lil problem. And this is why I dont really want to play you all out. So have fun with the others. Cause I wont waste my time giving you my best (Even with Peach) if your gonna go saying you were playing bad. i'll use my zelda, or Mario, maybe my wack roy on your Zelda so you can go and show it to people of me getting owned. Im sure you'll be playing well cause of that right. so that is what I'll do to you from now on till you can quit saying this. Thats strike 2 for you buddy.

techomancer- Oh yea, I know that I have not touch falcon in a while. and Im bad at teching, so with Falcon I dont like to be all in his face cause the combos will start and I cant really do much about it since I tech bad. I cant really control falcon to keep up the combos. and I'll try to use some more back airs and his other air attacks

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Diverse with what exactly? Sorry I can't critique Zelda vs Zelda I know nothing of that match up. The Falcon matchup just stood out to me.
I meant like different approaches. I couldnt use my other appoaches since Rockin waited there and crouch cancelled so my other approaches would get punished

Wo wo wo! hold the phone for a sec. Your good ones? dude, these are all I have of your Zelda. There is one more I did not add yet and thats when you beat me, by a stock when I ran off the stage by mistake and you took advantage of it FTW. Dont go thinking cause I just got into Falcon that if I win, your not playing good. Seriously now, If your gonna start saying that out loud, please, Use Zelda against someone else. Cause I dont like hearing things like that from you, like that video of Peach Vs Mewtwo and what you said there. dont start it again. You seem to be doing just fine to me. What cause you could not 3 stock me and such, you played bad? Dont think I dont know you cause I do obviously, thats why it came to one stock. and FYI, nearly all our matches are by one stock, wether I win or you. You beat rockin, You beat my Zelda twice in a ditto and you beat my falcon once in a match I may put up today. and now you played bad. You did fine you loser. What you expected 4 stocks here? If I play you a certain way it annoying or its a lil problem. And this is why I dont really want to play you all out. So have fun with the others. Cause I wont waste my time giving you my best (Even with Peach) if your gonna go saying you were playing bad. i'll use my zelda, or Mario, maybe my wack roy on your Zelda so you can go and show it to people of me getting owned. Im sure you'll be playing well cause of that right. so that is what I'll do to you from now on till you can quit saying this. Thats strike 2 for you buddy.
Calm down. Little serious here. No free speech ever. Thats why i dont post much. I'm saying u
missed a vid. Jeez. Get a life. Stop reminding me why im a loner in life.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You calm I did not but up your good ones. Plural dude. (S) And that what is seems like to me, thats why I spoke on it. its not a cool thing to say like that. That can get people upset. I'm still not gonna use Peach on you, or maybe a few others since the way I play seems to get you annoyed and a problem. thats why I played you like I did today. Lazy. that way there wont be much to say about. And thus you win and thee is no problems. That is all, continue with your thread, Im out.

Zone

Smash Champion
I did not watch the Rockin ones. Only match I really payed attention to was captain falcon.

Top Bottom