• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys i'm back :D

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I watched some of your matches and here's what I noticed.

Pelca Diddy/Falco- Try wing catching the items upon landing while Diddy tries to throw the bananas at you on stage. A perfectly spaced rising FH Dair should catch Diddy offguard if he glide toss. I heard arrows can force Diddy to drop his bananas in the air, so camp more often with Pit. Another thing you might want to do against Diddy is once you have the banana, hold the banana and camp with your arrows. Limiting Diddies banana game somewhat.

Against Falco, you were doing pretty good up until the end. If Falco laser spams you all day, try side dodging until he realizes that shooting lasers won't do any good against Pit. Other than that, you did fine imo. For early percentages, you can use 2x Fthrow > SS Fsmash in Falco's face. Off stage, edge guard him by using sour spot bair until he is far enough from the stage where he can't recover. I'm not sure if the Dair hit's Falcos Phantasm, but if it does, I highly recommend using it.

Malcolm Wario- Use more Utilt Oos. Warios love to use their aerials and that's the one thing Warios are very good at. Try pivot arrowing, that will catch any aggressive player off guard. Run away, then shoot out a random arrow and that will keep the Wario player from coming at you. Glide attacking won't do you much good offstage since Warios aerials are faster than Pit's glide attack. In other words, use the glide attack rarely on stage to catch Wario off guard. Even though Wario maybe fast in the air, Pit's aerials have far more range and you can try camping with your Dair a couple times and then FF airdodge, so you don't get juggled from his aerials.

I hope this helps! Anyways, nice job placing 3rd with Pit!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well i can't the vids to work. but i just to confirm for chompy that dair rocks phantasm's **** with pit and i have vid evidence of it working very well.

really wish i could have gotten it to play....

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Koolaid with the hard reads. You should just camp on the SV platform against Diddy, though your method of being on the end of the stage works too.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yes the vids are loading! ill edit in the critique in a bit

Edit:

vs bizcuit:
nothing. you absolutely wrecked his ****. the commentators were right. pit vs snake is in koolaid's favor XD

vs. Pelca
diddy:
just camp a lil more. also i notice you never change your arrow timings or use utilt. this is in general to all your matches so far. also, more banana stuff with pit. his banana combos own

falco, do fthrow x2> ss fsmash for more damage at low % grabs. more utilt when you get in his jab area as you it is the only option you have that beats it

vs. malcome
wario:

you should never ever approach wario. you should be hard camping, and using LOTS of nair and sh nair. sh auto cancel uair is okay too. pit can't grab release wario unless you're on a stage like YI or lylat that has stage slants so his feet are off the ground when you grab him (or on platforms). the whole MU is pretty much sh nair, auto cancel uair, punish wat you can with grabs and jab, and force him to always approach with arrows. also im sure you know how good pit is with tires but you never really got a chance to use tires ever so oh well.

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
Okay thanks. Chompy=] keep em coming

I realized my set vs metaknight is gone =[ that was my favorite since I never beat mks anymore

:phone:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
forgot to say im done. honestly the only MU you could have done way better at is wario, but hopefully those tips help you some. one thing to keep in mind is play like you are timing him out, because that is the level of patience that this MU requires.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Okay thanks. Chompy=] keep em coming

I realized my set vs metaknight is gone =[ that was my favorite since I never beat mks anymore

:phone:
I didn't get to watch it. And it'll be a while b4 i can find time to. But your matches vs diddy remember dair for whatever reason picks up bananas from UNVBELIEVABLE RANGES. LIKE OMGWTFBBQHAX RANGES. Pretty much all of pit's moves cept bair seem to behave that way from the ground/air. Also, uthrow is the way to go if u grab imo. Also, you can play pretty frame safe against diddy. And use his banana's like you would with mk/marth. That and keeping hold of it whille camping is always good. Again, save fsmash for the kill on him. Also, pit is slightly heavier than diddy. Oh and wingrefreshing on the ledge is an amazing way to gimp him. I've gotten GDX with it in friendlies as well as other diddies. And prince ramen did it as well. Wingrefresh to footstool can be a good mixup if you read how they are going to recover.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I remember watching your Malcolm vid on livestream and you were too aggressive & you didn't use enough uair, nair as anti-air to defend yourself. Other than that, you did pretty good. Wario is about keeping a moving fortress going to prevent him from damaging you and attacking you. Also, you should be more patient on your ledge getups by ledge-camping with arrows/fair/all the goodies.

Top Bottom