• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys, finally got some match vids up!

SS4Ricky

Smash Ace

D1

Banned via Administration
1st Post Yes!

Awesome vids! Nice fast Link, good spacing as well. Loved the Dbl bomb 2 dair kill on PS! Ece DIs those dairs really **** well. Good sh*t on the 2nd FD match as well.

Heh, legendary battle Link v. Ganon XD.

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
it's easy to tell that your link has solid experience behind it; just what i was expecting from a link veteran with your reputation. it was nice to finally see your link after all this time.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
yeah this link was really fluid, you capitalize on errors with good spur of the moment combos.

I liked the shuffling, it was well timed and spaced and good use of the dair too

such a good kill move i always go for it lol

SS4Ricky

Smash Ace
Here's some moar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXd1aVQOvmE
-pretty good match between me and ECE's falcon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AApewZ7tnQ
-up B gayed

looking around my folder, it seems i've taped a lot of my other characters and not enough link. I have a few more that aren't pretty enough to watch (lots of suicides and stupid stuff), but i'm definately gonna have vids to post now that i have a digital cam.

:link:

Chip.

you know what to do
Now that's what I call a true Link player.

Good job!

It's a shame that a lot of pro Link players have stopped using Link, but SS4Ricky keeps the good stuff comin'!

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Awesome matches. Very entertaining exchange of blows. I'd say you're more skilled but you guys came very close so they were good matches.

Doubt there's any suggestions you'd want to hear from me.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Ricky is a Beast :) I loved that SH double bair into Nair on DL. Watching this makes me want to pick up Link again.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
great stuff. yea i need to use b air more often cuz i see taht it *****...ece's fox is coming along well! and yr falco looks pretty beast. looking foward to some matches at the torney this weekend!!!

yr coming right!?

SS4Ricky

Smash Ace
looking foward to some matches at the torney this weekend!!!

yr coming right!?
hell yea i'll be there. this'll be my first big tournament since...*looks at sig* yeah.

yeah, i think it was in one of the vids that ECE said it sucks fighting against your crew beacuse all the tricks and mind games you have just will not work on them.:laugh:

thanks for all the positive feedback! i'm gonna try and get some more vids in this weekend, against all the other competition in VA&MD.

Garde

Smash Ace
On one of the few days I visit these forums, I am treated with these match videos. Excellent matches, Ricky. It really makes me want to pick up this game again and clean out the rust. I wouldn't be able to match your level of skill, but those vids really do make me want to play some serious matches again.

I particularly liked your up tilts after those shffls, you've got some really good hand control to pull all that stuff off so consistently. I also really liked a lot of your recoveries, you used Link's options very well.

And Eddie is a beast, the fact that you can even beat him sometimes speaks loudly at how well you know Link. All I have to say is your matches deliver and I have a lot to learn. I want moar. :)

Garde

Smash Ace
I'm still alive, I just don't really play Smash anymore. I tried up at college, but I just couldn't find the time to get together with the people who actually took the game seriously. I tried teaching my girlfriend... She didn't like playing against me, even though she's pretty good for being a casual player (she plays Sheik, how ironic :laugh: ). Oh well, for now I'll just sit back and enjoy these matches. :)

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm trying to drag Ricky to more tournaments but I've been busy too. So as a consolation we will keep putting out more vids.

The sounds / quality might be annoying for some but hey, vids are vids.

Ricky: You might wanna just edit your first post with all vids you put up so if you post more vids in this thread people won't have to search through every page. Unless you wanna keep making new threads with date stamps or some ****. Also, since this is no longer in the Link forums, why not put all of our worthwhile matches up? I know people wanna see your Link the most but we still have solid other characters to showcase. Your Peach/Mario/Samus/Fox especially.

TAK$

Smash Ace
good *** ricky, nice seeing your vids again cant wait to play you at C3.

ece, you should just tie up ricky and drag him to the car for every tourny you go to.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
mindgames... you said all i can say is "that your link is absolutley genious" but now you said other things like "lolwhat? I don't get it >_>"

The Newb

Smash Ace
It was real fun playing you at the tournament on Saturday, Ricky. Are you going to be able to make it to Chu's Bi-weekly? C3 on 3/3? I'd love to get some more friendlies with you.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff ricky. Would you happen to have any more videos of you vs space animals? I know a lot of striving Links that could use some encouragement from some more known Links other than Aniki. I seen Germ do pretty decent against them too. I'd like to see more of him owning space animals. For me, I wish I could see Bum in action. :(

vindictus_prime

Smash Rookie
dude! you both suck! COME TO MANASSAS AND TASTE MY PEACH MMMMMM SO JUICY!!!! BIZ!!!!!!!!!!! hahah j/k, ricky you're the coolest! and ECE... he's just .. okay.... HAHA, still kidding. anyways, stay tough arseholes.

SS4Ricky

Smash Ace
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm trying to drag Ricky to more tournaments but I've been busy too. So as a consolation we will keep putting out more vids.

The sounds / quality might be annoying for some but hey, vids are vids.

Ricky: You might wanna just edit your first post with all vids you put up so if you post more vids in this thread people won't have to search through every page. Unless you wanna keep making new threads with date stamps or some ****. Also, since this is no longer in the Link forums, why not put all of our worthwhile matches up? I know people wanna see your Link the most but we still have solid other characters to showcase. Your Peach/Mario/Samus/Fox especially.
uhh...yeah. i never really thought of that! actually i've put a bunch more up, but their not all link. in that case...just youtube SS4Ricky or ECE. i put up the marth/peach ones on the ganon forum, and youtubing it should give you everything i have.

i didn't get too many vids for the tourney. not a lot of exhibitions and the whole VA vs MD thing didn't even happen. started singles at like, 6pm.

Bass- yes actually, i have 3 pretty good link vs fox matches that we taped on a vcr. i just need the tape back and figure out how to transfer it to my computer. i have the cords and stuff so it shouldn't take too long.

Garde wtf? is Kenshin gonna randomly post next? dude, get back into it, no college johns. :laugh: Link all the way.

Chip.

you know what to do
Yes more videos please we nubs must learn.lol
There are plenty of other videos of great Link players you can watch. Observing one good player and his fighting style and learning from it wont be the only thing to make you better. Watch what other players do good in their matches, learn from it, and implement it into your playing style.

Top Bottom