• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys, a quick question about Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Now, I don't play Zelda very much, but here's something I can't help but think: why is Zelda so low in the tiers? Half of her moves have KO potential and they aren't too slow either. Granted, USmash and FSmash can be SDI'ed out of, but she has plenty of other kill moves, and she has a good controllable projectile. So why is she so low in the tier list? I know her recovery isn't too great, but it's by no means terrible, and I can't think of many other major flaws in her character. Plus she's a great DDD counter. I'm likely missing something obvious here, so could some Zelda mains clear this up for me? Thanks.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
She's too slow, she's too tall for a light character, she has bad approaches, she has one of the worst aerial games around, she has a terrible grab that is really not worth using unless you can predict a shield, she has a bad projectile, she has a bad reflector that is put to better use on things that don't need reflecting, she has extreme blindspots that are abusable by practically everyone, she has an amazing defensive game that doesn't get put to much use because she's always on the offensive, she sucks at edgeguarding, she sucks on the ledge, she sucks at dealing with projectile abuse, she can't deal with camping, she is not placing well, she can't beat MK consistently, she can't beat Snake consistently, she can't beat anyone else soundly, and she has nobody playing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom