• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, for hte record, does ANY one live in Georgia?

nodestar

Smash Apprentice
yeah i live in west georgia, kribrion_09 lives near me and we have about 3 friends who play.

we're supposed to go up against ganandorfrocks's crew this weekend, they are from somewhere near atalanta.

where in ga are you anyway?

Ganondorf rocks

Smash Apprentice
yup, I'm from marietta. Unfortunately I won't be showing up for this little gathering, but a couple of my freinds are going to try to make it. They are both pretty decent, so I'd be interested to see the outcome. two of us are fairly even but the other tends to win more often. not TOO much more often but he is good.

kirbron_09

Smash Cadet
yeah nodestar's right
can't wait till monday when bits and pieces of the two crews mach up...
yeah anyway, so samich where you from? we in west ga would love to get a tourney started/going/yeah!

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
Yo I live in the ATL. I stay in doraville and I love to play smash. Actually me and my friends (about 20 of us) play smash hardcore. I never thought that there was a website like this for smash players!:eek: :love: Kinda reminds me of Shoryuken.com for smash players. Well I might start throwing smash tournaments now, but I need more of you Ga. players to speak up.:cool:

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by nodestar
Wow! 20 hardcore smash players, that amazing. We gota get somthing started soon.

Yes we do. You guy's prolly own us.:( I never knew smash was soooooooo deep in game play.:eek: :eek: Well i'm learning alot from this site and hopfully I can learn some new stuff.

nodestar

Smash Apprentice
If you can host a tourny (EMS)ShinBlanka me and Kirbron_09 will be sure to make it. We have 2 other guys in our crew who would be willing to come as well. We've attepted to host tourny's and matchups before but they've all failed misserably so if you can host one it would be awsome. We'd really like to play other people but I dout we'd be doing any ownage. So I guess what I'm saying is get a tourny going soon and fast.

Where are ya'll Ga. players at?!?!?!?!?!?
I've seen about probly 3 Gergia players on the boards that haven't replyed to this topic. There's also a couple of guys in alabama and some flordia people like trento and Retro but there in orlando so it's alittle far. But other then that the south east hold few smashers.

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
Well I know how lazy southern players can be towards tournaments. I throw capcom and namco tournaments at North Point Mall. This week are the capcom tournaments (MvC2, CvS2, and 3rd strike) on Sat. starting at 2pm. I know about how people are lazy and hopefully we can change that problem. I want to make the south a better fighting game scene. I want to meet and play you guy's in smash. So who do you use? I use :

Mario
Fox
DK
Falco
Peach
Young Link

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
Re: when is this going down

Originally posted by lord-iceman
When,where,how,who will be holding these in the state of georgia feel me in!!!
maybe we can have it at dorrine house. Why don't you ask him for me. That would be tight to have a tournament there. He would have to CLEAN UP FOR A CHANGE.:crazy: :chuckle: :p But we play smash there all the time we might as well have a tournament there.;)

kirbron_09

Smash Cadet
I use the great puffball race. Jiggly and Kirby.

Nodestar uses the space vermin..

my bro uses that robo-wench samus and we also have a very cheap marth and an average link...

nodestar

Smash Apprentice
To translate Kirbrons distasteful laungauge and discraceful attitude towards the Space criters and other characters in the game. I use Falco and Fox. Kirbron little bro uses Samus.A friend of ours uses Marth and beats us all the time even though all he knows how to do is shield grab, counter and over smash. We know a guy who plays link to but have'nt really practiced with him that much. So he's not up there with the rest of the crew and I'm not sure if he would go to a tourny or not. Kirbron plays some gay little light character....I can't rember it's name sence it is useally is out of the game in the first 5 sec. I think I've heard it called Gay Marshmellow or maybee *** O' Floater. Doesn't really matter cuse evil puff balls SUCK!!!

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
To translate Kirbrons distasteful laungauge and discraceful attitude towards the Space criters and other characters in the game. I use Falco and Fox. Kirbron little bro uses Samus.A friend of ours uses Marth and beats us all the time even though all he knows how to do is shield grab, counter and over smash. We know a guy who plays link to but have'nt really practiced with him that much. So he's not up there with the rest of the crew and I'm not sure if he would go to a tourny or not. Kirbron plays some gay little light character....I can't rember it's name sence it is useally is out of the game in the first 5 sec. I think I've heard it called Gay Marshmellow or maybee *** O' Floater. Doesn't really matter cuse evil puff balls SUCK!!!
Yes smash trash talking.:chuckle: :chuckle: I love it! That's the best thing about smash. That and jedi mind tricks.:cool:

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
Oh yea, any puffball character in smash we call them "Candy" or "Candy ***".:chuckle: And when we knock them out we sing: "Taste like can-dy!" lololol Some of my frineds like the candy characters. I use to play jigglypuff in the 1st smash, but that was to show off.:) I wonder what new things she has in this smash.:confused: I guess i'll play with DK

nodestar

Smash Apprentice
Hey ShinBlanka I was wondering how preperations for the possible tourny are going. Also Kirbron found about 8 smashers that live right behind him. There are reports that they're 18-20 year olds that just play smash all day. Man did we hit the jackpot. So they might be able to come to a tournament. Also I was wondering if you have some sort of instant messenger so as to better increase communication.

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
Hey ShinBlanka I was wondering how preperations for the possible tourny are going. Also Kirbron found about 8 smashers that live right behind him. There are reports that they're 18-20 year olds that just play smash all day. Man did we hit the jackpot. So they might be able to come to a tournament. Also I was wondering if you have some sort of instant messenger so as to better increase communication.
My AIM : ATLShinBlanka

lord-iceman

Smash Rookie
Re: Re: when is this going down

Originally posted by (EMS)ShinBlanka

maybe we can have it at dorrine house. Why don't you ask him for me. That would be tight to have a tournament there. He would have to CLEAN UP FOR A CHANGE.:crazy: :chuckle: :p But we play smash there all the time we might as well have a tournament there.;)
ahhhhhh already in the making elder god larry here is dorian's number (404)629 oh junk this is a world wide post DAG IT how crazy would that have been PM me on SRK I'll give you both our numbers:crazy: :crazy:

nodestar

Smash Apprentice
Hey this is awsome. Slowly but surely more and more people are saying there from Georgia. It seems we might of had a dormant smash community all along. I can't wait till (EMS)ShinBlanka gets a tourny going. It would be cool if everyone here could show up. The first tournament could be a sorta Georgia Smash community establisher as well as a tournament. We need to get the community in shape and to start playing on higher levels of play like the TG and NY guys. So bunjiman008 would you be willing to go to a tourny in Atlanta?

White Avatar

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by (EMS)ShinBlanka
Well I know how lazy southern players can be towards tournaments. I throw capcom and namco tournaments at North Point Mall. This week are the capcom tournaments (MvC2, CvS2, and 3rd strike) on Sat. starting at 2pm. I know about how people are lazy and hopefully we can change that problem. I want to make the south a better fighting game scene. I want to meet and play you guy's in smash. So who do you use? I use :

Mario
Fox
DK
Falco
Peach
Young Link
Where **** it! I've been looking for some of those forever. I live in Roswell and would love ot come oto any video game tourney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by White Avatar

Where **** it! I've been looking for some of those forever. I live in Roswell and would love ot come oto any video game tourney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well try to get there at 1:30pm so you can sign up. 2pm we start 3rd strike.

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
Hey this is awsome. Slowly but surely more and more people are saying there from Georgia. It seems we might of had a dormant smash community all along. I can't wait till (EMS)ShinBlanka gets a tourny going. It would be cool if everyone here could show up. The first tournament could be a sorta Georgia Smash community establisher as well as a tournament. We need to get the community in shape and to start playing on higher levels of play like the TG and NY guys. So bunjiman008 would you be willing to go to a tourny in Atlanta?
Hey man, I think that we need to get together. Your friends meet my friends and play smash. Well my friend justin is having a tournament/get together at his crib on Sat. It's mainly a capcom tournament but I can bring my GC over and we can play smash. There will be alot of my smash friends there so it should be cool for you guy's to come over and hang.;) ;) I will get back to you about Sat.:)

Peace.:cool:

nodestar

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry ShinBlanka but we won't be able to make it sat. But were useally open on saturdays. Just pick a sat. like a couple of weeks away and we should be able to come. I know we can find a date very soon that will work for both of us. Just throw one out thats good for you and we'll see if we can make it. Can't wait till then.

Ganondorf rocks

Smash Apprentice
Wow this kicks major rectum! I never would have guessed that there were this many of us. Well, I have freinds and they have freinds, I think that there are a total of 7 of us if I counted correctly, one of which should be popping on here soon, giving a more accurate count. And I think most of us would be really interested in a tourney anywhere in the area. none of us have ever attended anything yet so something small would be better to start with, but well take what we can get

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry ShinBlanka but we won't be able to make it sat. But were useally open on saturdays. Just pick a sat. like a couple of weeks away and we should be able to come. I know we can find a date very soon that will work for both of us. Just throw one out thats good for you and we'll see if we can make it. Can't wait till then.
I don't know man. Like I said before I have a busy weekend every weekend. This week i'm throwing capcom games at North Point Mall on Sat at 2pm. Then next week i'm throwing Namco tournaments. But that might be the last Namco tournaments if no one shows up.:confused: So I might have every other weekend free. I'll get back to you guy's.:D

White Avatar

Smash Apprentice
One prob, I play on dreamcast! Well I'll try to get better at MVC 2 on joystick (lol). Maybe if we had a place to play gamecubes and dreamcasts for the tourney at the mall, say Software ETC. or somewhere like that, it would definately attract more people because more people play the console versions of those games. Well just my 2 cents. Reply please and maybe we could set up both a console and arcade touney and we can keep an e-mail correspondence. Its late, Good night Atlanta! E-mail me please!

nodestar

Smash Apprentice
Bump

So any news on the Georgia's first big tourny. Any possible dates...rules etc. I was wondering if we were going to vote on rules or not. And will there be an entree fee and a prize? Or should this just be a Georiga get togeather/get to know each other tournament. Any new news on a host. Will ShinBlanka be cordinating it?

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
Re: Bump

So any news on the Georgia's first big tourny. Any possible dates...rules etc. I was wondering if we were going to vote on rules or not. And will there be an entree fee and a prize? Or should this just be a Georiga get togeather/get to know each other tournament. Any new news on a host. Will ShinBlanka be cordinating it?
I'll do it man with the help from Iceman.:cool: I'm going on my 1 year anninversary in 2 weeks so it will have to be this weekend on Sat or nothing untill oct. 12 maybe. Whta's a good time for you guy's. Everyone that plans on coming to a big smash melee tournament in Ga. please post on this thread and tell me what week is good for you? I will see if I can work with all of you.;)

(EMS)ShinBlanka

Smash Cadet
Who can come this weekend? It has to be this weekend or next weekend. Tell me now, so I can write the official tournament thread. COME ON PEOPLE LET'S GET THIS SMASH TOURNAMENT OFF THE GROUND. NO MORE BS'ING AROUND YOU HEAR ME?!?!? I'm ready to start a new tradition of great smash players in Ga. Follow me to the new era of Ga. smash players.:cool:

kirbron_09

Smash Cadet
me and nodestar can come next weekend, and thats probably the better date since it would give people more time to make plans and stuff

lord-iceman

Smash Rookie
SMASH TOURNAMENT:

ALRIGHT GUYS WE GOT SOME RULES ON PAPER BUT NOT PERMENENT I HAVE NOT TALKED TO SHIN SO IF YOU ARE READING THIS GET AT ME A.S.A.P WE ALL WILL BE AT THE TIME CHAMBER(DORIANS) TONIGHT SO CALL AROUND 8 OR 9 TONIGHT IF YOU CAN OR I WILL PM YOU WHAT WE GOT SO FAR.
AS FOR YOU GUYS WE AT LEAST NEED A HEAD COUNT TECHNIQUALLY I'VE GOT THE LOCATION AND ENOUGH GAMECUBES FOR THREE AT ONCE SO LET US KNOW COME ON EVERYONE LETS MAKE THIS FIRST ONE IN GA SUCESSFULL I'LL BE HERE ON LINE ALL DAY UNTIL ABOUT THREE SO HIT THIS THREAD UP!!!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Ganondorf rocks

Smash Apprentice
This saturday I have to work, but I can try to possibly get next saturday (doubtful). and I have a bunch of people here that would be interested and I'll pitch it to them even if I can't make it.

lord-iceman

Smash Rookie
SMASH TOURNAMENT

Well the time was set for 3pm this saturday but if everyone is working then we will have to post pon it til the next but the problem with that is shinblanka will be off doing his family thang so we all gotta work out something if you have to get your friends to pm us here or at SRK or e-mail me a.s.a.p to let me know what is more close to you alls schedule

kirbron_09

Smash Cadet
well we have a prior smash engagement this saturday and one of the members of our crew probally wont be able to make it if it's at 3. BUT next saturday we are good and have a clean schedule, hey iceman, how many do you know are going so far?

Top Bottom