• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroics - Raven Team - THE UNDERGROUND MINIBOSS

Gecklone

Smash Rookie
"My arm is alright. At the moment it's numb due to the electric shock but it's not seriously harmed for a longer time. There are more important things to discuss anyway."

Turns towards Nine-Band and Sato.

"Mr. Starker and I met up south-east of here before I came to your aid. When I heard the gunfight coming straight from the North I decided to catch him half-way there and discuss further plans. You may have noticed yourself that another gunfight has started in the area Mr. Cordova was investigating. Mr. Starker and I decided to split up ... whereas I came to help you ... he headed towards Square 3, where Mr. Cordova appeared to be in danger."

Turns back towards Nine-Band and Sato

"You can still hear the sounds of battle coming from there ... they are still in danger ...

...unfortunately, there's quite some distance between our two groups. On the one hand we have to make sure to come to their aid right in time ...

...on the other hand we have to secure our own safety as well. You two have been engaged in battle and are wounded ... probably thirsty too. Traveling such a distance without preparing ourselves ... would prove too much for you ... and I may not be able to help them all by myself ..."

Turns around again.

"Sato ... you are wounded near your thigh ... Nine-Band, you also seem to be hurt. Let's deal with your wounds first before we decide to move on."

Sato.

Smash Rookie
as I put the clothes over myself, remove my waistband
"They fired the signal flare, the emission sounded urgent... They'll need my speed."
Look Gecklone straight in the eye
"My wound isn't anything significant."

Move pants down until the wound is visible, grab water canteen, use some water to clean the wound, bind my waistband around it, tightly
"That's the best we can do for me, in this situation. NineBand seems in no position to fight, but he can walk. You can carry him on your back, should it be necessary."
Empty the water canteen

Motion for Gecklone to the dead soldiers.
"They have nothing that can help us either. We have no time, yet time is what is necessary to heal both your wounds. "

"Could I leave you two alone? You can tend Nineband's wounds or you two can start moving."
turn to Nineband
"I recommend eating and drinking now that we have a break."

~~~~~~
OoC
I'm going to assume you'll allow the starting of lightning dash multiple times to get a 6 here
~~~~~~

turn to Gecklone
"I don't want to make these decisions on my own. I can get there at lightning speed should I want. They probably didn't get to request reinforcement. Regardless, I recommend changing into their clothes. "
"Can I leave you two to fend for yourselves?"

Gecklone

Smash Rookie
"No. No, you can't ...

This is a desert, not a playfield. The area we have to cross to reach the spot we need to get to is large and it's not safe to travel alone. What if you arrive to help them after exhausting yourself? You're just becoming a liability to them and who knows what kind of trouble they're in right now. We will come to their aid but none of us will travel there all by himself. No way."

Walks towards Nine-Band

"Once we've taken care of his wounds we will move on. I wish we had more time to rest but it seems like it can't be helped. If you are really hungry or thirsty then strenghen yourselves as we travel, otherwise we might take to long."

Turns towards Sato again

"We must hurry but not neglect our defense or outpower ourselves. When we're traveling in a group 3 of three ...

...I suggest you take the front row since you can proceed to attack the fastest if needed. Keep your lightning powers to yourself for the moment though ... Nine-Band's main forte is defense so I suggest he keeps our back clear.
I will take the middle row ... my perception senses allow me to foresee danger and I can figure out a plan on how to overcome it. But I need safety and a back-up to do so, which you two will provide.

...I think that's about it for now."

NineBand

Smash Rookie
Have a drink of water while I stretch.

"Alright, let's be as quick as we can, yes? I'm a bit sore, but there's nothing to be done right now."

Pick up my hat and put it on my head.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Hey everyone. So sorry for the absence this week. I have been bouncing from apartment to apartment until I can move into my own place next week and I've been working insane hours. Let's get back to business!

"Keep it together Cordova, it's just a two-ton chum-chum."

Describe the layout of the area including rough size. Analyze the mech with particular care for what it's made of. I'm talking size, speed, weaponry, intelligence (is there a pilot), etc.

==GM==

The room you entered is like a large cavern in the caves. The ceiling is roughly 30-35 feet high in some places, but a little lower in others. The floor appears to be almost completely flat, as though someone leveled it. There doesn't appear to be anything in this cavern besides the empty black boxes and the mech.

The Mech is about 15 feet tall and about 6 feet wide. It hit Starker with pretty incredible speed, suggesting it has quick reflexes despite its size. You can see it has articulating hands, but each one seems to have a weapon embedded in the wrist. One is the big gun that just fired a volley at you. The other is thicker with glowing bands running down it. You can't tell what kind of weapon it might be exactly. There are two shoulder-mounted guns, one on each side. You cannot see the back of the mech yet. You cannot tell exactly what kind of metal it is made or if it has a pilot.

Do the same. Add an extra details or layers of info Starker would get from his POV.

More things to do:

• Also, use my mechanical/tech expertise to try to locate weak points. Fuel cells, hydraulic lines, everything there would be.

• Also, what's the caliber of my nice new merc sniper rifle? Please tell me it's a fiddy.

• Also SPECIAL SKILL USE NUMBER TWO: Use my expertise on mech/tech AND combat AND bad guy mentality in particular to make this prediction:

The tiny size of that window/porthole would imply that it couldn't be made as strong as most of the mech, which is the reason for its size. It may be a weak point. This further implies that the porthole was necessary for vision, and limited visibility would harm the operator's vision. (GM: Check this if you have to, I dunno, or just tell me if I'm right hey that'd be neat)

• Pulse gun ready. Body ready for battle.

"S--- just never ends, does it Cordova?"
Based on Starker's expertise, you believe the OTHER weapon with the glowing bands is some kind of pulse weapon, with similar technology to your own. You can tell that the joints of the mech are reinforced, but would still be weaker to fire than the heavy armor in the unmoving sections. You cannot tell for sure, but that small central area that looks like a window does not appear to be a porthole. You guess it MIGHT be a weak point though, as its clearly not a metal.

The sniper rifle you took out of the truck is a .30 cal, Russian-made near as you can tell.

~~~~~~
OoC
I'm going to assume you'll allow the starting of lightning dash multiple times to get a 6 here
~~~~~~

You would need a six for each attempt to dash. However, if you roll two sixes in a row, I'll decrease the the requirement to continue the dashes. However, your dash is really only meant to be used over short distances. Might be more trouble than its worth.

Ronnie Cordova

Smash Rookie
Can we get more detailed info on a couple of things? Any sort of exposed anything on the robot, different fluid lines or couplings, etc. More information about the cavern with particular emphasis on the exits. Give me my best gauge on the thing's agility in comparison to each of us.

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
+1 all of that, avec du Starker attribute-related insights n such. I want a better idea of how this thing operates and potential weaknesses.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
so sorry everyone. I only have internet on my phone at the moment. Had to drive across the country this week and I'm waiting to get my internet installed. Will try to update from work tomorrow.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Ok Everyone... I'm alive. I actually took a day off work because I've been so buried with everything that I needed to get caught up with life and get my moving stuff done. So we're back on track now. I'll have internet in my place and now that I've hired an assistant I won't be SO buried at work. Wins all over. Let's get back at it!

==GM==

I have no more information for you about the Mech until you engage it. Sorry.

The room you are in has no other exits that you can see. You feel a slight sense of power in the room, as though the whole room is slightly charged with static electricity. The hairs on your arm seem to be standing up just a little bit. You've felt this way ever since you crossed the water-like barrier in the tunnel and its gotten stronger as you've entered the chamber.

@Starker/Cordova: Engage the Mech. It's about to engage you.
@Sato/NineBand/Gecklone: Get to the cavern ASAP to help your teammates. This encounter is designed for the full team!

Gecklone

Smash Rookie
"..Sato, Nine-Band ...

... once you feel strenghtened enough we're moving on."

Move: Square 3

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
I should already have the pulse gun out and aimed. So yeah. Aim and shoot at the glass weak point looking spot immediately. Then instantly take off running, trying to cut around it to the right. Spin pulse gun. Move erratically. Note that Cordova is going to be going left so we're going in unison here.

If I manage to get behind it, give me more updates, including more info about how the mech operates and weaknesses and agility and so on, since I'll have seen it in motion now. And of course what I see on the back of it.

If it decides to match my movement, concentrate on avoiding its hits, then fire the pulse gun at the mech's hip joint. Where the armor is weaker. I'm hoping this will essentially disable one of its legs.

Top Bottom