• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's your chance to support Brawl(or any smash), guys!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
as many of you may or may not know, IGN recently started doing vids with the staff playing Smash bros. a discussion about this popped up in the video section, which was SOO [popular apparently that THIS comment popped up....

Hey guys,

Love the feedback, and it's cool to see you guys discussing both sides of the issue. Some of you guys have it right - we're just playing after hours and during launch to blow off steam. We're not trying to be competitive and none of us would describe our skill level as such.

But you're right - I would love to get that perspective going for a variety of reasons.

So I guess I'm looking for a couple things. One would be folks interested in helping us, and second is more specific - good writers who would be interested in helping.

All I have right now are ideas, but if you're interested, serious and would like to help IGN create some very, very prominent coverage of Smash, let me know. At the moment this would be something you'd volunteer for, but who knows what the future could bring.

Interested? Hit me up at Nintendo@IGN.com.

I hate doing this as I feel like it's spam, but some of my guys told me you were discussing helping us, so I thought I'd reach out. Love the community here. Love all passionate fans of Nintendo products. You guys scare me with your knowledge and skills. =)

Best,
RICH || EXECUTIVE EDITOR || IGN NINTENDO OVERLORD
this is your chance to build hype for competitive(or non competitive) brawl, folks! want to get more recognition? wanna test out that competitive items set? wanna promote Mods? IGN gave us the keys get on it, guys! here is their official Smash channell: http://www.youtube.com/user/smashbrosign
leave a comment, dudes!

link2702

Smash Champion
this is a big chance not just for brawl, but for all smashes....

evne though IMO melee is still better for competition, this could be good for several reasons.....like u said the mods for one, two showing everyone we're not the evil "final destination only fox, no fun" people that we've been stereotyped as.

and if enough new people get interested....being on IGN...even nintendo themsevles might take notice, or at least IGN might bring some issues about smash that peopel have had, such as character balance for instance, to nintendos attention, there are hundreds of good things that could come from this...

though if things go wrong, there could be just as many things that could go bad with it, and we could get even worse stereotypes thrown on us and be even more hated....

so i seriously hope this goes through ok.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The way I see it, we could get that channel to Machinima CoD status if we wanted to. Maybe on that big of a level, but you get the point.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
In the back of my mind I'm secretly hoping to use them to promote Melee.

link2702

Smash Champion
and in my mind i'm secretly seeing this grabbing nintendos attention enough to try and balance the next smash bros, fix some characters like meta and ice climbers, and overall get rid of our bad image overall that non-competitives have given us over the years.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad they caught wind of my idea :D

I emailed them to. I'll admit, I'm personally hoping for at the very least a joint Brawl/Melee venture to get some publicity for Melee to, but I'm also willing to help in any way I can with Brawl.

link2702

Smash Champion
a guy by the name of captainkeeta125 posted like 10 different shoutouts in a row on bullseyes/rich's wall, asking if ign would be willing to do an article on competitive smash....lol...its kinda funny, he couldn't put what he wanted to say in just one or two messages so he sent 10 different ones in a row on the guys page.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, Brawl and 64 I assume.

Seriously, they must cover 64.

Even if it is just IGN.

Top Bottom