• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's my impression of people and the characters they main

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Luigi main: I pretend I play a underdeveloped challenging character because no one picks him, but I'm lying to myself and others around me. If it's down to the last stock and I interrupt your combo with up B, I'm still going to pretend that it's the greatest thing in the world, look at my opponent with a smirk on my face and a twinkle in my eye, wearing the famous green hat and whisper in their ear "The Luigi-Kirby matchup is 80-20."

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Luigi main: I pretend I play a underdeveloped challenging character because no one picks him, but I'm lying to myself and others around me. If it's down to the last stock and I interrupt your combo with up B, I'm still going to pretend that it's the greatest thing in the world, look at my opponent with a smirk on my face and a twinkle in my eye, wearing the famous green hat and whisper in their ear "The Luigi-Kirby matchup is 80-20."
Can you explain why you think this matchup is so far in luigi's favor? Is is because the up-b can interrupt kirby's moves and can kill kirby at lower percents? Other reasons? Just curious due to my limited experience with these characters.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Can you explain why you think this matchup is so far in luigi's favor? Is is because the up-b can interrupt kirby's moves and can kill kirby at lower percents? Other reasons? Just curious due to my limited experience with these characters.
The whole Luigi- Kirby 80-20 thing is a joke that I like to say, but I do believe the matchup is 65-35 maximum for Luigi-Kirby, there's a whole bunch of things that luigi does great against, I'm in class so my answer might be a bit short but I'll try to fit in as much as possible, looking at the frame data luigi's up smash has invincibility on his disjointed head, so when Kirby tries to drill, you can counter with Up smash out of shield, or reading the D-Air. luigi's recovery is outstanding, and at apex I proved that by constantly getting back to the stage (btw, if luigi gets knocked of the stage, at any percent, if he lives he WILL make it back unless his recover is interrupted, or he got knocked off by a split, like fox's Down smash or Jiggs Down smash) , the reason for this is because I can either sweet spot the ledge, rush my second jump and up b, up b really high so I land on the platform (dream land) and other ways, I try to mix it up, but any way, when Kirby tries to drill, he expects that I only have an up b, but I can wait for the Dair by falling low enough, then quickly rushing for the ledge, then I reverse edge guard, and speaking of edge guard, if you just throw Kirby off the stage, you can gimp him easily, if he's trying to recover high, interrupt it with fire balls so it's difficult, then F-air, if he gives up and go low, there's two options, if he's near the ledge, like right below it, Down smash, if he's a bit further, drill him, maybe twice, then jump back up and recover, he will be gimped. Also Kirby definately dies fast, lots of luigi players use down b to end a combo because it's "safer" or he's "out of reach" for the up b, but up b is definately better! I always time my combos to end with up b! Speaking of up b, you can safely up b and land to the top platform for combos, or avoiding Kirby, also always be above Kirby when he is in the air, on the ground try to knock him of his feet with Down smash, up smash, or grab, I'll try to give more examples if you want after class :3

Beesy

Smash Apprentice
The whole Luigi- Kirby 80-20 thing is a joke that I like to say, but I do believe the matchup is 65-35 maximum for Luigi-Kirby, there's a whole bunch of things that luigi does great against, I'm in class so my answer might be a bit short but I'll try to fit in as much as possible, looking at the frame data luigi's up smash has invincibility on his disjointed head, so when Kirby tries to drill, you can counter with Up smash out of shield, or reading the D-Air. luigi's recovery is outstanding, and at apex I proved that by constantly getting back to the stage (btw, if luigi gets knocked of the stage, at any percent, if he lives he WILL make it back unless his recover is interrupted, or he got knocked off by a split, like fox's Down smash or Jiggs Down smash) , the reason for this is because I can either sweet spot the ledge, rush my second jump and up b, up b really high so I land on the platform (dream land) and other ways, I try to mix it up, but any way, when Kirby tries to drill, he expects that I only have an up b, but I can wait for the Dair by falling low enough, then quickly rushing for the ledge, then I reverse edge guard, and speaking of edge guard, if you just throw Kirby off the stage, you can gimp him easily, if he's trying to recover high, interrupt it with fire balls so it's difficult, then F-air, if he gives up and go low, there's two options, if he's near the ledge, like right below it, Down smash, if he's a bit further, drill him, maybe twice, then jump back up and recover, he will be gimped. Also Kirby definately dies fast, lots of luigi players use down b to end a combo because it's "safer" or he's "out of reach" for the up b, but up b is definately better! I always time my combos to end with up b! Speaking of up b, you can safely up b and land to the top platform for combos, or avoiding Kirby, also always be above Kirby when he is in the air, on the ground try to knock him of his feet with Down smash, up smash, or grab, I'll try to give more examples if you want after class :3
I'd like to play some LuigivKirby sometime (you luigi me kirby).Idk if we'll ever get to, but it'd be fun.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
maafia is no joke to kirby

i literally CANT go kirby when hes luigi, i have to go DK or CF

****** crazy

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
You go CF against Maaf? Isn't he really good at that MU?
Kirby is much worse, pretty much best option for me is DK e.e

also @ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA
you're downsmash trick doesnt work very well because they would just DI towards the edge like i did
you need to stop doing that because most people just DI towards edge

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Kirby is much worse, pretty much best option for me is DK e.e

also @ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA

you're downsmash trick doesnt work very well because they would just DI towards the edge like i did
you need to stop doing that because most people just DI towards edge
I do it when they have low percent, so it results in multiple hits to Kirby, so it's worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom