• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Her Up smash wow

aniemfanzmg

Smash Rookie
is it me or is this move rediculously awesome. its a good anti air, at early percentages its self comboable(its even better when your up a stock), at medium percents, if they try to counter attack with normal attacks attacks while your juggling you can move slightly (if you dont just beat it out) and do it and itll still it cuz its hitbox is fairly wide. if they try to air dodge it takes so long to finish it will still hit him and juggle again. if they jump to the side you can dins fire them easily, it sets up for her up air really well or side airs adaquatly to set up for kills at anything above like 65 percent.
I like shiek but ive become im so much bettwer with zelda right now i might not be able to go back.

any thoughts.

ZeldaSheik

Smash Cadet
is it me or is this move rediculously awesome. its a good anti air, at early percentages its self comboable(its even better when your up a stock), at medium percents, if they try to counter attack with normal attacks attacks while your juggling you can move slightly (if you dont just beat it out) and do it and itll still it cuz its hitbox is fairly wide. if they try to air dodge it takes so long to finish it will still hit him and juggle again. if they jump to the side you can dins fire them easily, it sets up for her up air really well or side airs adaquatly to set up for kills at anything above like 65 percent.
I like shiek but ive become im so much bettwer with zelda right now i might not be able to go back.

any thoughts.
ya it's pretty good!

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
If you're going to use Sheik, it's best you learn how to use Zelda as well.

But who the hell likes Sheik? :p

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
...*looks around*
Seeing as you can't pick your own avatar, your post is pretty much pointless.

If you're talking about me, though, having a Lurker for a mom would be pretty kickass. Nice try though.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too worried about people escaping them, just don't spam it as much as people do in videos.

aniemfanzmg

Smash Rookie
How do you escape it. I dont want to incorperate it into my stratagy if its escapable and punishable.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Hehe that is exactly what I was thinking when this topic popped up. Yes, it's good till someone escapes it.:(

Now i'm confused why is there talk about someone's mom as their avatar? Anywho, Yay! For awesome new avatars.
Loving your avatar, spazn.

Basically, Lingy was making fun of Sheik in a joking way and aniem either took it seriously or joked back. Someone misinterprited something there. Anyway, Lingy's avatar is different now from when that happened, so rest assured, Zelda isn't Lingy's mom.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Despite being escapable, I'm just happy Zelda doesn't have to literally be inside the character for it to connect and that it can actually hit smaller characters now.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
It's a lot better than Melee, or so I can extrapolate from the videos I've watched. But it's also still very much escapable.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Loving your avatar, spazn.

Basically, Lingy was making fun of Sheik in a joking way and aniem either took it seriously or joked back. Someone misinterprited something there.
Why thank you, I love your (Lingy's too since it's the same) avatar as well. :D

Also thanks for clearing that up I was wonder why the hell people were talking about their mom or Sheik's mom or whoever's mom they were talking about.

Anyway, Lingy's avatar is different now from when that happened, so rest assured, Zelda isn't Lingy's mom.
LMFAO, I swear I literally spent five minutes laughing at that sentence. :laugh:

Haha, what a weird shift of topic.
Indeed, so yes I like her Usmash when they hit. It's strong and has cool effects and all that good stuff. Oh yeah can't forget about the SMG sound effects. :bee:

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Has anyone confirmed that Usmash is indeed escapable? I've only seen proof for Fsmash. Even though I'll admit that assuming her Usmash is escapable too isn't exactly a leap, I'm just trying to keep my hopes up.

Iris

Smash Ace
It's escapable. However, it has suction too, after seeing the latest video posted in the sticky. So far I haven't seen any escaped smashes do 0%, so hopefully it isn't escapable after the first hit, but simply before the last. Either way, I haven't seen her become super-vulnerable after missing one, as they still have enough knockback for Zelda to recover from her hit lag.

gdtyrael

Smash Rookie
Yeah its confirmed, its escapable. My main is zelda since melee. Yesterday I got the chance to play brawl for the 1st time, played 8hrs in a row. However, calm down you all and this hype with zelda's smashes being escapable... The truth is... Regarding her Usmash, one of my friends escaped just ONCE at hundreds os battles, its almost impossible, and they know how to DI very well, the move really sucks you in, you can move very little. The Fsmash however miss more often, BUT it does NOT leaves you vunerable, it pushes the opponent at a distance that even marth sword cannot Fair you, and you have time to dins fire him ou anything else. If Fsmash hits precisely its like Usmash, no matter the DI you do, its not escapable, its seems only escapable, when your opponents was jumping before you start the attack, so he had momentum going up, so I can asure you all, every time someone escapes a Fsmash is upwards back, its like its just possible to escape the smash if you almost would have missed it by little

Top Bottom