• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Henry from Nintendo's STEAM for SSB4! - Game revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ooo, thank you.
Seconded.

I wanted him in.
But if he was going to be, I think his reveal trailer would have been right after. No better way to build hype for a new IP than Smash inclusion.
Unless it would be today?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Seconded.

I wanted him in.
But if he was going to be, I think his reveal trailer would have been right after. No better way to build hype for a new IP than Smash inclusion.
Unless it would be today?
It is possible, but I will not keep my hopes up.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
This game didn't impress and excite me the way i hoped. I'm not too keen on the artstyle. Maybe the gameplay will change my current thoughts.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Not a fan of the art of the game and the genre isn't my cup of tea either. Henry's design, from what you can see in screenshots, is kinda bad too. So yeah, I guess I am a detractor... If a character from a new IP should be in Smash, it is one of the squid girls from Splatoon or Wonder Red from Wondefful 101. Or even Captain Toad, because why not.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This game didn't impress and excite me the way i hoped. I'm not too keen on the artstyle. Maybe the gameplay will change my current thoughts.
All that really matters to a game is gameplay. (It also helps if it has no bugs).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not a fan of the art of the game and the genre isn't my cup of tea either. Henry's design, from what you can see in screenshots, is kinda bad too. So yeah, I guess I am a detractor... If a character from a new IP should be in Smash, it is one of the squid girls from Splatoon or Wonder Red from Wondefful 101. Or even Captain Toad, because why not.
I'm surprised by how much hype Splatoon is getting..
plus the style fits smash. It is a FPS. Female. And erm...
well....
Interesting....

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I like the look of Henry and this game, so I'll support. I loved the part in the trailer where the bullet had "E.T Go Home" on it.

I think it's going to depend a lot on how extensive dlc is going to be combined with how successful these new games are. I'm kinda hesitant to say these newbies won't get into smash 4 now that dlc is a very real possibility.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
It might be too late to add him, or maybe Sakurai has been working on him since a long time ago as he might know better about the recent projects going on at Nintendo.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
[quote="SSBCandidates, post: 16892712, member: 191734"]It might be too late to add him, or maybe Sakurai has been working on him since a long time ago as he might know better about the recent projects going on at Nintendo.[/quote]
It's not like Sakurai just found out about the game when we did. Don't we all remember the circumstances of Roy's inclusion in Melee?

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
It's not like Sakurai just found out about the game when we did. Don't we all remember the circumstances of Roy's inclusion in Melee?
Well it also helped that Roy's franchise existed already. One thing I see here is that indeed Henry is the main character but the rest also seem interesting like Lion guy.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I hate the "too late" argument, really, is the most annoying of alls.
I dont honestly care about this guy, but could be fun i guess.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I am really liking what I have seen from STEAM so far (especially being developed by Intellegent Systems), so yeah, definitely add me on the list too.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Haha it looks like a lot of hype for this STEAM game died down in exchange for Splatoon.

This game immediately reminded me of XCOM Enemy Unknown and I freaking love that game. People say Valkyria Chronicles also comes to mind so I should check that out.

Yeah the art style seemed a little weird but I've grown used to it and the game looks pretty solid. Not a fan of 3rd person shooters on 3ds since we have to use the stylus (KI:U hand cramps incoming) but I'll definitly give it a try.

As for Henry, I'd like to see him as DLC if that's possible, along with Inking from Splatoon.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Well they're both from games by Intelligent Systems so.... :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom