• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with ToonLink's Camping

D

Deleted member

Whenever I play with toonlink, its going alright with projectiles, arrow canceling, disrupting with bombs, boomerang for predicting, its alright. until i Mess up the arrow cancel, keep throwing my boomerang when its already out, and failing with my bombs and hitting myself. :glare: then i start getting shaky with my aerials, and im getting my options limited. Some kinda help plz? :c

-Ran

Smash Master
Toon Link is a very focused oriented character. He requires a lot of stamina to continually play at a high level. There's no tip to improving that, aside from just practicing more. There's also the possibility that you might find a better controller input method, such as moving a B button to a shoulder button.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Just practice vs computer to get the tech skill down. Practice variations and the quickest way you can pull out projectiles in a safe way. Once you are able to spam at a faster pace (which isn't always the best solution) you can start to spam intelligently.

By spamming intelligently I mean predicting or limiting what your opponent does. For example, I do a jump cancel reverse bomb throw which they shield. Then I jump away and throw a boomerang up so they don't try to jump and approach. Then maybe shoot an arrow as I land in case they avoided the other two. There's a lot to do. I'd suggest watching MJG for that kind of stuff.

You really should not be messing up arrow cancels unless you're doing the bbq one (which is bair to fast fall reverse arrow cancel)

Top Bottom