• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with the SHFFBD(not sure if that's the name)

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
So hi I'm a relatively new Young Link main and I've only poked around these fourms a bit and so I've mainly been studying Axe's Young Link and a bit of Armada's anyway as you'll see in the video I'm attempting the Short Hop Fast Fall bomb drop(once again I apologize if it has a name but I dont know it XD) and I was wondering if there's that much of a buff for using the Fast fall. With just the short hop i can do it 90% of the time but obviously I lose precious seconds of the bombs life and I'm just slower in general. So I'm just wondering if its worth putting in the work for the timing of the Fast fall.

TriNewton

Smash Cadet
It definitely has its uses. If you've knocked a Peach off-stage with a nair, you can use this technique to store bombs for when she gets back so that you're a bit more equipped to harass her. You can also try to interrupt her float with multiple bomb throws once she gets in range. I imagine there are benefits to doing something like this in downtime during a match.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
It definitely has its uses. If you've knocked a Peach off-stage with a nair, you can use this technique to store bombs for when she gets back so that you're a bit more equipped to harass her. You can also try to interrupt her float with multiple bomb throws once she gets in range. I imagine there are benefits to doing something like this in downtime during a match.
It actually seems to have decent Edgeguard options as well. If you're fast you can place one on the edge and one on the platform on BF. Not much but I can sometimes get a Nair out of it.

Last edited:

TriNewton

Smash Cadet
I just realized I completely misinterpreted your post. You want to know whether it's worth fast falling instead of just falling normally! I applaud you for considering small optimizations!

In the Peach scenario I mentioned above, it would be safe to not fast-fall. I can't think of any utility for mastering the fast-fall specifically- unless you were trying to mess with someone who was staying in their shield by laying the bomb behind them or something.

This is the sort of thing you try out in friendlies. I'll see if I can master it and try it out today.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I just realized I completely misinterpreted your post. You want to know whether it's worth fast falling instead of just falling normally! I applaud you for considering small optimizations!

In the Peach scenario I mentioned above, it would be safe to not fast-fall. I can't think of any utility for mastering the fast-fall specifically- unless you were trying to mess with someone who was staying in their shield by laying the bomb behind them or something.

This is the sort of thing you try out in friendlies. I'll see if I can master it and try it out today.
Well I mean for the sake of comparison the timing with fast falling is similar to L-Canceling. But instead of only having added lag when you drop instead the bomb explodes. XD. Its actually seems like it helps with stage control fairly well. Plus like you said when mastered you basically can just drop the bomb every time you land. So for example if you wanted to go for a setup you could knock someone off the stage drop a bomb right on the ledge(forcing the roll) and then put down another bomb to cover another option well you stand back ready to punish.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971

The main reason I want to master the fast fall over normal is because you can mix up how you drop it, you can drop bombs in close quarters a bit safer and most importantly when you drop the bomb you get slightly more time with it. Ya the extra time isn't much but it does seem optimal

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Fast falling is better. It's not even that hard, it just needs practice. I love doing that trick as yl

Top Bottom