• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Sheik's Ledge options

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
I recently came to realize that I struggle to get back on the stage from the ledge. As we all know, Sheik can stall on the ledge quite effectively, but at some point you need to get back on the stage.

I noticed that the majority of the time, I just roll back onto the stage. It just feels safe. People have begun to pick up on this, and can punish me for it. What are my other options?

I would assume ledge hop Fair is good, but if I'm at high %, if we trade hits, I'm dead. It doesn't really feel safe.

As for get up attack from the ledge, if someone expects me to roll, they can still react it in time. If I'm at over 100% especially, since it takes longer.

As for wavedashing back on the stage, that's fine too. It seems to work. But I'm still looking for suggestions.

Does anybody have any insight on this? Thanks

Last edited:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Have you tried standing when you're below 100%, or Up-B stalling to make them back off (to allow for easier standing or even other options), or wavelanding at different lengths onto the level?

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
Have you tried standing when you're below 100%, or Up-B stalling to make them back off (to allow for easier standing or even other options), or wavelanding at different lengths onto the level?
Hi KK, thanks for the reply. :) And Great performance at McSmashter last week :)

I Up-B stall often, but ultimately they will eventually figure out not to approach me and just stand at roll distance to wait for the punish. I guess that would be an opportune time to waveland back on and grab them or something?

I also find that rather dangerous but if that's what you suggest I will keep trying that. Since you're here, I was also wondering about another thing. The Sheik board seems kind of out-dated, and most recent posts are from a year ago. Is this place in your opinion a good place to be frequenting?(If I want to learn these things) I know there are a lot of techniques I am not yet aware of, and I have so much to learn. But I'm not sure where/which threads I can get info from. I ask this because once I learn one technique, I often don't know what to learn next until I stumble across it or someone in my local scene tells me about it.

Top Bottom