• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Peach matchup?

SCC_Cone

Smash Rookie
I've been watching my videos and trying to figure out why I struggle with what's supposed to be an easy matchup for Falcon. I can't figure out what to do when Peach is at 0 percent. If I wait for her to approach, I'm navigating through a hell of turnips, if I approach I get crouch cancelled, and there's no aerial I can follow up with after grabbing her at 0, eventually I end up offstage and dead. Any tips on the neutral that I just can't seem to figure out on my own?

CaramelCenter

Smash Rookie
Weave through turnips to get a nair in. From the nair I think you should be able to grab and then up throw up air. Peach really doesn't like getting hit by Falcon's up air because it can lead to another up air, a knee, a nair, an up B if you're swaggin on them, and if you keep the pressure on Peach, she'll be too afraid to pull more turnips.

Peach also doesn't like being grabbed. Up throw gives you up air and down throw at low % is a pseudo chaingrab and can lead into a knee with the right DI. Grab is your friend.

Watch out for her on platforms though because if you come from below, you're getting down smashed. In that situation, either go above with a dair or falling nair, or go at it sideways with a nair so you hopefully hit above the down smash and can then pressure from there.

0Room

Smash Lord
I've been watching my videos and trying to figure out why I struggle with what's supposed to be an easy matchup for Falcon. I can't figure out what to do when Peach is at 0 percent. If I wait for her to approach, I'm navigating through a hell of turnips, if I approach I get crouch cancelled, and there's no aerial I can follow up with after grabbing her at 0, eventually I end up offstage and dead. Any tips on the neutral that I just can't seem to figure out on my own?
I HAVE THE PERFECT GIF
HOLD ON
http://smashboards.com/threads/scar-talks-lean-melee-2012yotf.197123/page-152#post-8996908

That's my single favorite post of all time on Smashboards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom