• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Character Choice? (sry if wrong place for thread)

Revox

Smash Rookie
Hi, so I've been playing brawl alot with my friend lately. (was a big melee player) My problem is I CANNOT find a character that I'm good with, when the game first came out I was good with meta knight but quickly noticed that I wasnt able to deliver a killing blow against my friends. (was able to rack up the dmg so fast). So then i tried my Melee character....Fox... who I was able to destroy most of if not all of my friends with, still could not kill worth **** lost most matches against my friend. So then tried a few more characters and still couldnt find either a good solo char or a good party character beside the obvious IKE for party. Just wondering if you guys have had the same problem and would have a suggestion of a character that would suit me. ( Fox was my melee char) I've begin to like DDD,Olimar,Lucas,Ness,kirby,Metaknight(xept cant kill),peach, and snake.

Again sry if this post is in the wrong thread.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
go DDD, he's gangster.
You MUST wear purple and listen to three 6 mafia at every tournament.
This is DDDress code.

NNID
Budget_Player
With MK, the kill moves are Down-Smash (****ing incredible) and shuttle loop. You can also really gimp kill your opponents with Dair, Fair, Bair, and Nair. Due to MK's incredible recovery, you can be almost assured to recover. Check out the MK boards, they can help you.

Terrydactyl

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6110-5215-0645
I play Donkey Kong. DK only has killing blows. Awesome horizontal recovery and rage-invoking tilt attacks.

Most of his matchups are even, but the two or so bad matchups are BAD so make sure you have a secondary who can cover the bad ones.

Revox

Smash Rookie
Well my friends mains are... Snake,Ness,Peach, and Pokemon Trainer

Revox

Smash Rookie
ok so is there a good instructional video of how to use DDD properly then cause its hard for my to learn how to use such a lagged hitter.

Moozle

Smash Champion
At first DDD seems really laggy, but once you get used to his movement his HUGE range totally makes up for it. You also have to be okay with your friends hating you for chaingrabbing them lol.

Revox

Smash Rookie
Is there a movie on youtube to show HOW to do his chain grab, cause I can't seem to get his chaingrab in they always escape me (I looked at the list and they are on the list to be grabbed) Also what is a good controll scheme to use. Right now I use the usual R and L for shield/dodge, Y is jump, X and Z are grab, A is A ,B is B, C-Stick is B attacks

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Is there a movie on youtube to show HOW to do his chain grab, cause I can't seem to get his chaingrab in they always escape me (I looked at the list and they are on the list to be grabbed) Also what is a good controll scheme to use. Right now I use the usual R and L for shield/dodge, Y is jump, X and Z are grab, A is A ,B is B, C-Stick is B attacks
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212083
Watch this man.
Everything you'll need you'll find right here.

Top Bottom