• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with chain grabbing

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Probably a stupid question but anyone have tips for chain grabbing DIing fast fallers at low percentages? Just can't seem to do it fast enough, dunno if it's cos I'm not hitting the analogue stick precisely enough to dash or whether I'm messing up the timing????

Any suggestions / good ways of practising?

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Well if it's below 30-ish on Fox and Falco (this is not an exact number so don't quote me).
You can't re-grab them. You have to just d-smash them. And even then, the d-smash is not guaranteed if they have good di. Or maybe it is guaranteed but it's harder if they di a certain way. But yeah, make sure they've got one good d-smash worth of damage before you try to chain grab them. Falcon is a little different but not by much. I can post the exact numbers from magus if you'd like. Just ask.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Peach, like most characters in the game, can chainthrow fastfallers. She can do it by Up-Throwing them between 23-30% and 80-90% and then re-grabbing them. (Note: The lower percents apply to Fox/Falco, while Chainthrowing Captain Falcon requires him to be closer to 30%) Beyond 80-something% for Fox and Captain Falcon and closer to 90% for Falco, the opponent can DI, wiggle, and/or Shine out of the chain.

Lol smash wiki

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The cg at higher percents can be continued if they di right or left. If they don't di they can jump out of the cg, but at that percent you can hit them with pratically any aerial and maybe u-smash/u-tilt too... I usually do nair in that situation...

Top Bottom