• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help, What is Lucario's spike?

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
I haven't really been able to figure out what Lucario's spike is and i am pretty sure he has one, can anybody help me by telling what it is?

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Wow, for some reason I was sitting here thinking all the characters at least had a really lame spike or or at least a semi-spike if not a straight to the abyss spike. Well yeah I was checking for a friend but I will give him that info thanx.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
ikno one of the *** version vids showed him fighting the pits and used Dair and spiked one of em, so maybe it was removed form the demo version or it was just a weird angle that he hit with.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
about the 5th match of playing as Lucario i spiked someone with his down air. it must ether have a sweet spot like young links down air from melee (very picky) or had been a fluke because I've only ever done it once before within over 1,000 uses of that move (I have played lucario a lot).

Yazman

Smash Rookie
The spikes you people have been seeing are when you down air someone near the edge of the stage, while you are further away from the stage than them. The down air knocks them up and sideways to hit the bottom of the stage then straight down. I do it pretty often when they are coming back and right before they grab the ledge.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
@Yazman. Don't assume people are ******** and blind and don't know what they are looking at thanks. unless you ment "seeking" instead of seeing.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If you hit them to the left while they're hanging on the ledge, Lucario's dair could be considered a spike. It's hard to hit, though, because it's easy to see it coming.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
If you hit them to the left while they're hanging on the ledge, Lucario's dair could be considered a spike. It's hard to hit, though, because it's easy to see it coming.
Nah, cause normally the dair doesn't spike. In that case, the ledge should be considered the spike, not the attack =P

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I Thought Lucario's spike was that pointy thing in its chest. . .

seriously; How does it prevent itself from accidentally killing its trainers, whenever it just wants to show them some love; since It cannot hug them, since It'd impale their trainer's most Vital Organ, their Heart. . .

PluslePlayz

Smash Rookie
Lucario indeed DOES have a spike. His downward angled counter spikes the opponent. It isn’t the most reliable thing, but he does have a spike. If you see a good opportunity, use that down B and tilt that joystick down, watching your opponent get spiked

Top Bottom