• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs. Wario Bike?

EpicFlyingTaco

Smash Cadet
I was playing a Wario in for Glory today and the guy playing Wario started using his bike a lot. I tried intercepting the bike, but I just kept getting hit by it, so eventually I just decided to wait it out on the ledge (although ROB's laser did intercept the bike once).

Luckily, the Wario I was playing wasn't spamming it so I didn't have to deal with it the entire match, but I do want to know what I can do vs Wario's bike instead of waiting it out on the ledge.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
  • Jump and use your down aerial to hit Wario. Even if you miss, you won't get hit by the bike.
  • Wait near the ledge though don't hand on it, so Wario will either have to jump off or turn. If he turns, you can easily hit him off the bike, and if he jumps then you pretty much have him trapped on the side of the stage.
  • Use projectiles.
  • Use a long range smash attack.
  • Counter.
  • If you get knocked on the ground and the Wario uses the bike immediately, wait for him to get near you and try rolling towards him (might not work all the time).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Shield it. Just be wary of a possible bite or dair follow up if he jumps off it.

Although if you shield it too much, he might use a wheelie which will eat your shield.

You can easily handle the bike but a good Wario WILL mix up their options with it, so it can be very difficult. Still, shielding is the best way to go.

Last edited:

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Wario is a sitting duck on his bike. His options onstage are so limited you should be using it to your advantage using the tips already posted by the fine fellows before me.

Top Bottom