• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help vs. Kirby

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
Hi folks,
i have few problem going against kirby and i hope u guys can help me
my problem are,
i can't edgeguard because of kirbyside
can't find a way to counter kirby's f-smash because of the range
do not have air control because kirby can get away by stone.
i am also not sure what is the best move to use to punish kirby when he try to suck you up.

Any tips against kirby will be deeply thanked,

Choke

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
i can't edgeguard because of kirbyside
~Is Kirbycide really that scary? I didn't even think it was possible due to the new swallow physics. Regardless of damage percentage you can get out of his swallow very easily. If all else fails try to nail him with arrows as he recovers. Not much else I know to add.

can't find a way to counter kirby's f-smash because of the range
~Powershield that sucka. If you Powershield it the lunge Kirby does along with it will bring him within your range. Try to read his movements and use that extended range to your advantage.

do not have air control because kirby can get away by stone.
~Yeah, that'll be the case. That's just something you'll need to work on. If you can though, follow him to the ground and fall on him using your Angel Ring. When he does come out he'll be stuck in it and his initial upwards momentum from getting out of his rock form will only hurt his DI. If he tries to get out of his rock formation while you're falling on him with the Angel Ring his upwards momentum will fight against you're downward momentum, thus prolonging his time inside your attack.

i am also not sure what is the best move to use to punish kirby when he try to suck you up.
~Not much to use really. You could try to DJGSGC. (Double Jump GlideShift Glide Cancel). But that's risky in both time taken to preform and getting sucked in. I think as weak as arrows are, just spamming them at him is your best choice. If able to get above him, go for the Angel Ring from above here too.

kown

Smash Lord
i played a kirby on gamebattles that could easily ruin my jumps by footstool jumping me (i think its called glimping now) me when i went from under the edge to the edge. i mean the obvious answer is to not get into that situation but sometimes u just do. any advice?

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
thx for the help underdog. I never thought forward B to counter the stone before. It is just frustrating to fight a Kirby because they mostly kill at a lower percentage and have more jumps than us, and the worst of all when is they eat you up.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
whatever undrdog said and an extra HUGE emphasis on powershielding.

you shouldn't be getting footstooled if you're gliding to recover. arrowing back is a lot less useful since kirby can chase you off the stage. so just glide then if kirby comes out, cancel the glide with a jump(you can glide attack too) and hit him away or get away if not then you get to recover onto the edge safely=].

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah Kirby may be able to stay afloat for a long time, but her lacks so much in the mobility department. Your glide if nothing else will allow you to recover before he can when he tries to edgeguard you.

Top Bottom