• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help plz need it badly

Error!!!

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Im not sure why but i think i lost my touch. The people i was that same as is now 3 stocking me. This happened over like 3 days. so does anyone have a good way to practice. Or a good way to change up my game. and please dont say be unpredictable. I need an expample of how to be unpredictable. thanks for the help.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
Honestly like you can take the advice I got from Chok that has been helping and going against level 9 CPU's that are disadvantage matches for Sheik (5stock) against Luigi, Peach and Metaknight. That is just for overall training while there are no human players since online is a pretty poor option.

But if it's unpredictability you're looking for and trying to freshen those stale moves; I am pretty much master at that since D-style. The thing is when you do play the same people day in and day out they get use to your tricks and I'm sure you adapt to theirs, so you need to start looking at what does Sheik have that I don't normally use;

i.e. her chain lock more, vanish for KOs or simple movement around the map and some times don't grab the edge with the chain even though it's the obvious thing to do, mix up your get up from ledges with R/L or kick, edge dropping and then doing Fair or Nair up. Honestly, Sheik has a lot to work with when it comes to unpredictability.

Mind games such as, don't always take the easy KO. Even if they're sitting there waiting for the expected, maybe you can run away to the other edge and charge up some needles. Try to utilize Sheik's artillery of moves along with the stages, don't always fight on the same ones.

Just common sense stuff/mind games.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
If this process has happened over only three days, then it's not your opponents, it's you getting worse. Therefore I'd recommend:

- Taking a break from the game for about a week (honest to God, I go back to Melee for a week and it completely revitalises my playstyle).
- Drop what you usually do. Change everything in how you play. Through this experimentation you'll find certain options you otherwise wouldn't have implemented, generally aiding your predictability and quality as a player.
- Get ***** by really good people. Seriously. Nothing helps you improve as a player more then get getting your *** kicked by people better then you.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
If this process has happened over only three days, then it's not your opponents, it's you getting worse. Therefore I'd recommend:

- Taking a break from the game for about a week (honest to God, I go back to Melee for a week and it completely revitalises my playstyle).
- Drop what you usually do. Change everything in how you play. Through this experimentation you'll find certain options you otherwise wouldn't have implemented, generally aiding your predictability and quality as a player.
Or your opponents are adapting to your playstyle, so take BlisteringSpeed's advice on "Drop what you usually do" etc..

And honestly, I put down the game for a week when I went home on break a while ago (I don't have a Wii at home), when I came back, I played a lot smarter and stayed away from nasty habits, and I actually think my game is up to par with some of the better Sheiks now. (Am I allowed to say that?) xD

Top Bottom