• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help, please

Xavier with a hat

Smash Rookie
So my niece came over and we were playing some Smash (duh) but as I went to the bathroom she found out how to archive the software which resulted in losing all of my purchased DLC. I've tried to redownload it from my own account, but it hasn't worked. I even whined to customer service and they weren't much help. Does anyone here know what I can do to get my DLC back?

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
So let me get this straight... You went to the bathroom, and in the short time you were in the bathroom, she somehow managed to lock your purchased DLC, completely by accident, just randomly flipping through menus. Uhh, yea, I’m not buying that. I don’t even think thats even possible in the first place buddy.

xzx

Smash Lord
Have you redownloaded the game? Because when archiving software the save file is still present within the Switch, but you have to redownload the software first in order to access the save file. Then I assume you can redownload all DLC after that. (Sorry if I didn't get your situation right.)

Xavier with a hat

Smash Rookie
i have re-downloaded it, it still hasn’t shown up again

And it was a cover-up, I didn’t know what archiving it would do and I was curious and I’m a bit ashamed because of it

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I did this quite regularly for a long time. Just reinstall/redownload/ your game from your account, go to the downloads section (regardless if it’s via the software or the nintendo shop), and redownload the downloadable content you purchased. Its pretty simple. If you can’t get that, then there’s probably something else being the issue. That’s what I typically did and I did it almost weekly.

That being said, I would be more ashamed about making a weak story about a niece archiving my software rather than just owning up to it and asking for help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom