• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help on wii 4.2

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
I upgraded to 4.2 to help my friend. He kept saying over the phone that his brawl hacks wont work right. Only Shield hacks would appear. Textures/Music wont work for him. So i upgraded to 4.2 to experience the problem and try to fix it. Now im stuck with the same thing. Is there anyway to fix this problem. I'll go more into it. He had Gecko 18 and it freezes at black screen. So I gave him Gecko19b problem still exist. Would this be the problem? I still have my old homebrew channel from 4.1. How can I take it off? I also have a friend with 4.2 that got everything to work. The music/ Textures. I made them for my friends. So im really trying to say. Why does only my sheild hacks work when i updated to 4.2 and not music and textures and is there a way to fix this.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
I do. My Roots are.
Removable Disc I>apps, private> wii> app> RSBE> pf>sound>strm>all the music files with right names and right format.brstm

stage> melee>all my files in the right format and right names i checked,

codes> RSBE01.gct

wiiload, boot.elf, CREDITS, LICENSE, all in the first root of sd card

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
I have homebrew Channel 1.0.6, Yes i tried file patch w/e it is. It wont work. and doesnt only 19b work with 4.2

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
1.9.2b works for me.
I use File Patch 3.5.1 as well.
Try uninstalling then re installing the HBC.
I was having issues then I did this and it works fine.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Remember, for the Gecko 19b, the folder for your gct is NOT
root --> codes

it's

root --> data --> gecko --> codes.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Its still not working. Nothing is happening when imake a folder called data. Do i made a folder called Data move my gecko files to a folder named gecko and then make a folder named codes inside the folder with my gecko files?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Remember, for the Gecko 19b, the folder for your gct is NOT
root --> codes

it's

root --> data --> gecko --> codes.
What? When I had Gecko 19b I didn't need to do that long folder sequence. It was just root --> codes. Or maybe I'm thinking of Gecko 1.9.1, whatever, close enough :U

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
I tried all of them they dont work. I go on brawl and only my shield hacks would appear. No music, no textures, just shield hacks. Btw would updating to 4.2 while having a older version of hombrew do this? Because i did that by mistake. Also i hear its bad to upgrade through nintendo. I did so how can i fix tihs?

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
To remove homebrew, just remove it like any other channel. Go into the Wii menu thingy in the bottom left and go to the channel section. You should be able to remove it there... After that, get Bannerbomb and reinstall HBC. I dunno, I haven't gotten it to work get, and if I do, I'll post a solution... but don't get your hopes up.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Ok. Gecko 13 Gives me a black screen. Oh and i forgot to say. I removed homebrew channel like 20 times already. No luck. Just shield hacks. My friend has upgraded through Nintendo and I helped him with gettin hacks and they worked, but the other friend who upgraded have hacks that arnt working either. We just see shield hacks. Other friend sees everything.

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I just thought of this. It might be your SD card itself. But I'm just throwing that idea out there, because no codes should work if it's your SD card (I THINK...).

Top Bottom