• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help!!! my wii's internet!

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
That actually JUST happened to me two days ago. I have NO idea how to fix it as it was working fine since APRIL. AND my computer internet works. So I don't see what the problem is.

iLink

Smash Champion
Checking your router would help, we need more info then just "my wifi stopped working"

JoeMotion

Smash Cadet
You can look up the error codes online. That will give you a starting place. If that doesn't work you can by the Nintendo USB adaptor. That works pretty well. Or use the LAN adaptor also from Nintendo.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well going to an actual Wii forum would probably help more than here.

My 360 used to always cut out but... I forgot how I fixed it..

-Onyx

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Most likely problem (as in I'd wager money on it) is that your router's wireless is dying. This happens every once in awhile to most routers (if it happens a lot, chances are there's something wrong with it...get a new one). I suggest simply resetting your router (unplugging and plugging it back in). If your wii online works right after this, then the wireless is indeed dying.

Your Wii could also be getting a weak signal from your router and so every so often the signal isn't strong enough to generate a connection. This depends on what kind of router you have and where it is in relation to your Wii.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Use ethernet cable, less lag for online play. Makes gaming more enjoyable.

:) I thought so.I wish I could bring you over to my house so you can tell my stupid a$s IRL friend that.He thinks that because the Wii LAN adaptor goes to the USB ports on the Wii,he automatically thinks "USB,slower connection,get wireless dude.." :laugh: I guess hes confused with the fact that its a converter,not a actual USB internet connecting add-on.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
If one doesn't have a converter handy, they can always just plug the USB cable straight into their modem (if it has such a port). Granted, they have to sacrifice computer internet since you can't share a Public IP address without a router, but I seriously plan on doing this since I don't have a converter or an extra Cat-5e laying around.
Thats the thing bro,from what I learned so far,most connections dont support PPPoE like that with the Wii LAN adaptor.You have to have a router/hub no matter what it seems.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
I had this problem with my internet connection as well. It moved really slowly when I tried to play an online game.

I went to Nintendo online to see if they could help. Apparently most routers come set on a default channel 6, which is the frequency that the router broadcasts the wireless signal on. Channel 6 is often used by many other household devices so when they are in operation it can mess up the signal.

Nintendo recommends changing the channel to either 1 or 11. I changed it to 1 and it worked a lot better, but whenever a phone call came in, the internet would disconnect completely. Then I changed the channel to 11 and it has worked perfectly. This could probably help you.

Here is a website that has the information for your router and tells you how to access your router to change those settings.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/routers/en_na/routerIndex.jsp

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom