• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my Peach.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Its good you know how to glide toss and attack properly.

With Ike, you *must* play defensively. Getting in offensive will just get you killed. Remember Ike doesnt have any projectiles, so use that to your advantage. If you're going to attack with float (With Dair or Bair), it needs to be quick and smooth. The reason being is because Ike has plenty of deadly attacks that have hitboxes that pass well above his head (F-Smash, Utilt, U Smash) and will whack you far, or probably kill you if they connect. When using Dair, keep floating and Dairing so that you can force him to shield. You can fit about 2 and a half Dairs in a full float, which is a lot of space for shield eating.

Also you need to shieldgrab a lot more. Try running up to his face and shielding instantly, and then go for a grab. In general you just need to play more defensively. Shield + Spotdodge will save your life.

Even having said that, Peach has some glaring advantages. You've used the turnips well and i saw some good glidetosses so that was good. Remember you can glide toss upwards as well to create a few mindgames. When Ike is off the stage, throw turnips to kill his second jump, then punish his Up+B with Toad and you've already knocked off one stock. Ike's are extremely vunerable to Peach's edgeguarding skills. If you can force him to Up + B onto the ledge, the chances are you can Toad his face, if you time it right. And since his second jump is gone, and he wont have time to Forward + B back again, he'll simply drop to his death.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Yeah Peach can be played anyway you like, I noticed that you used a lot of Up-Smash & F-Smash on the ground, try to incorporate some more dairs, I saw the glide-toss dair, which was good. More mainstream combos are floating dair, dair, up-air/nair, u-tilt/f-tilt.

TruckOSaurus

Smash Apprentice
First thing I saw: DON'T recover with your Peach Bomber if you're not going to grab the ledge. It's basically an invitation to be killed since it's so easy to see coming.

You used the U-Smash too much... it's a strong move but it also needs to be a surprise move because it can be punishable and it will become stale also.

You had good glide tossing and I saw a nice Toad counter too. For recovery, don't be afraid to drop down and use your Parasol to grab the ledge when Ike is waiting for you on the edge.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
My tip.

As everyone says, Don't bother recovering with Peachbomber unless you grab the ledge afterwards, or if you are at a height and/or distance where they won't be able to attack you while you're vulnerable.

I'm seeing a lot of Usmashes, and while it's great and all, don't use it to the point of abuse. Use it as a finisher.

Good glide-tossing though.

Incorporate aerials with your float. It's one of Peach's best weapons, so don't be afraid to use it. Lest in this case where it's against Ike and you need to play defensively.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Here's what I can tell you :), by the way I'll see you at LBT in 2 saturdays probably.

Anyways, Up-Smash should be SAVED and not be used until high %s I'd say 95 for most characters If you can sweetspot. It takes some practice to learn the Up-Smash it took me generally a month to finally find its perfect use, I use it for a Dash-Upsmash when enemies like to short hop f-air and screw up their spacing for a free kill :).

To float you can press and hold Down on the control stick while holding the jump button to control your float, this can be used to set up comboes (the most well known to be D-Air --> ?).

Keep at it :) we need more rep :p

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Argh, they be stealing my protips >:D

I'll just go over it again then. Recover at the last moment, for example barely grab the edge instead of doing something that will leave you open. The first death was not good. :(

I can say that you are better at glide tossing than I am. Also be sure to not use USmash too much.

Also, Spudman? THE GENIUS THAT MADE "If Brawl were like other games"? HE HATES PEACH?

Beat him. I demand you to >:D

In other words, moar turnips.

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
My friend plays Ike a lot.

You were really trying to go for a kill at the end with all those U-smashes and F-smashes. Don't worry about it too much and try to stay focused. I tend to play defensively because Ike has really strong moves and his jab is great.

You could try walking backwards and do a B-air when Ike tries to approach you with his fair. Projectiles are pretty good against him, so try to throw it at him when he's recovering or use it when he's at a medium range. Grabs work really well against him, so make use of that.

You toaded on one of the hyphen smashes and that worked, but you can also use it when he's using his recovery. You also use D-air while he's the same height as you in the air, it's better to use it with a short hop or float when he's on the ground.

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Playing Ike vs Peach, Peach has to be defensive. Ike out-prioritizes almost everything she has on ground and in air. Ike's weakness in this match-up would be recovery; Peach is an amazing edge-guarder. Get him over near the ledge and throw him off, then keep him off. If you're having a hard time looking for an opening, then start turnip spamming. You're pretty good at glide-tossing, so that shouldn't be a problem. Throw enough turnips and you'll make him hate Peach even more (^_^).

Other than that, read what the other guys here posted. They're dead on.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the tips and advice.

I haven't had the chance to play him again but I'll definitely keep these in mind for when I do.

Oh and Akariss. I don't think I'll be attending LTB. I might be helping a friend with his move on the day of the tourney.

Top Bottom