• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my Doc! ...please?

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
I need some help with practice methods. I have no one that I know that can tech play smash, and I'm fairly new to it, so I don't know how to practice in Training and with the computers in order to make myself better.

How would I practice the following techniques:

1. Pillspamming (effectively)
2. SHFFL combos and Mindgames (son)
3. Edgeguarding
4. DI

And I also have one other question

5. What the hell is :lick: supposed to be? Because it's kinda disturbing me, not gonna lie.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
1. Play people.
2. For shffl combos, I guess you could practice vs a level 1 cpu. For mindgames, play people.
3. Play people.
4. Play people.

Roman.

Smash Champion
Ronin has a point, you should play people.

Although, sometimes you don't have anyone to play with! Play against level 1 cpus but only to practice combos. Don't even bother edgeguarding them because you don't want to get any bad habits.

If you want to practice edgeguarding, first of all keep bairing of the edge getting lower and lower and try to recover. Start to get used to how low you can get on each level, sometimes using a cape on your way up (for unexpected recoveries). And on platform stages you can waveland off into bairs and whatever. Just get comfortable with the stages, it's not that hard to edgeguard with doc.

For pillspamming, just watch smashmac's video and learn to pill off the edge effectively and grab it again, full jump - pill - waveland/dj - pill, ect.

Hope this helped, if so your welcome to give me a brownie or whatever.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
1. ok, pillspamming, you gotta play mindgames with it, run away and jump, double jump and throw one, SH pill, full jump pill waveland, etc.

2a. SHFFLing combo's, doc's are pretty much SHFFL nair to dsmash, SHFFL uairs, SHFFL dair to whatever (as long as they don't CCC), SHFFL bairs to bairs, basically that's all

2b. mindgames, just gotta play people, can't tell you how to do them, but wavedashing is gonna get you most of your mindgames

3. edgegaurding, the cape, nair, bair, and the pill are the moves for edgegaurding, bair is your best bet, the bob money (3 bairs off the stage) is as of right now, i think the most effective edgegaurding technique there is, but not sure, gotta experiment, you can also use fsmash/dsmash as edgegaurds too but only when they mess up

4. DI is just taken from playing more people, basically, it's DI inward, DI down, and DI away, those are the most important ones, but you gotta experiment with that, we cna't tell you

Top Bottom