• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my DDD please

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Alright well

1.) Try not to air dodge too much, or air dodge when you feel like it when you are recovering. Grab the ledge instead of airdodging downward.

2.) You should know what DI is...so don't DI with your up air.

And just in general, predictability is crucial in this game, so don't try the same things over and over. Try other things to follow up your down throw other than forward tilt, such as tech chasing Sheik.
New things you don't do are things like: Charging your forward smash for a mindgame when your opponent is recovering.
Or just simply pummeling him and then back throw or forward throw, those throws have good damage.

Checking out the top five threads here should improve your DDD by a lot, only if you spare the time. Hope this helps dude.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Learn Short hop Bair, don't ground dodge to frequently at unnecessary moments, timing Utilt (or at least doing it), Tech chase Dthrow (run then shield-grab), don't misuse the Dees.

U could learn this series. Short Hop Bair continueing into a shorthop Dair. It shield pokes mad.

Some good things u did do, Grab at the right moments (sometimes lol ). Smash DI (i'm pretty sure u did)

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Definetly use more bair and try following shiek off the stage more to get a kill. Fair and bair are probably best when fighting off stage.

Zip.

Smash Lord
wow not alot of b air 0___0
abuse b air pl0x.. other than using it for DI(good DI btw)
also dont shorthop U air ;p

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
wow not alot of b air 0___0
abuse b air pl0x.. other than using it for DI(good DI btw)
also dont shorthop U air ;p
Thanks
I next weekend I should have some more videos up I hope, I have what they call Michigan DI lol

Edit:
Idk if this is good or not, but when I play now. If I can get a swallow I like to spit them out and if the get out of the star position fast enough, I just fair them. and if someone comes off the stage. I'll swallow them and spit them under a stage. I just wanted to know if this is common

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's a form of Regicide/D3cide that most everyone knows about/uses.

AddictedGamer

Smash Cadet
-Looking at Vid 1
You need to space a little better, you sometimes spot dodge instead of shield grab. After most of your down throws, zelda rolls backward... do a "tech-chase" and grab her again when she gets up, you could probobly get away with this a few times, then she might try a getup attack or roll the other way, you can wait (roll toward you) and regrab her or run and do a shield cancel (simply press shield) and shield grab her get up attack. Don't fall directly onto your opponents without a Nair to protect you, and try to make your landing slightly behind her so you do not get shield grabbed.

-Looking at Vid 2 & 3
My friend mained ZSS and you can always expect foot from her down-b (her flip in the air, you can hear a pssoo). Another key thing vs ZSS is spacing, both of you have medium range, if one of you are inside too close with your attack they'll be punished. Also **** her failed grabs with a nice down smash.

Top Bottom