• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me with a matchup?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I was at a tournament this weekend and I had fought a few different characters, but I found that I had a really hard time with Olimar... He seemed to be able to deal with whatever I threw at him. The best way I was able to kill was to gimp him, but even that was difficult.

I was just wondering if you had any tips on what to do or even what not to do as Sheik in this matchup...

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The best and most often piece of advise you are going to get is

Short towards Olimar, Strong Nair, and into jab.

It's impossible to defend against for Olimar so he has to roll away which then you can tech chase.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what was the guy's name who was good against olimar? the guy who played danGR

was it popsofctown?

approach olimar diagonally. besides olimar's usmash hitbox, a diagonal aerial approach (as opposed to forward or above) is very good against olimar

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
what was the guy's name who was good against olimar? the guy who played danGR

was it popsofctown?

approach olimar diagonally. besides olimar's usmash hitbox, a diagonal aerial approach (as opposed to forward or above) is very good against olimar
It was pops methinks. Just watch what he does to approach, GodAtHand. It's really mean. :(

His name was IcyLight or something with Icy in it... Thanks for the info.
lolz, he's too good.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Always approach diagonally, don't dwell inside his range for too long i.e. Jab to grab is good as is D Smash. Use that D Smash to get the thing offstage and from then on it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Just think before you act whilst edgeguarding as you kill at some ridiculously low percentages if you're smart, noting that chain edgehog>>>his recovery.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Here is a simple question then, what is the best move sheik has to hit Olimar away at an angle that would make it difficult for him to recover? Does sheik have any moves that have a trajectory similar to Zelda's down smash?

hurricaneap60

Smash Rookie
fair <3

sends them in basically the same exact path, just a lot weaker...
but they combo into each other almost-kinda-notreally off the ledge so you can get a couple in and then get back on :D

bair can also work, albeit you will probably only be able to get one in and then return to the ledge... and the trajectory is a bit higher. but bair is easier to hit with than fair... especially if you have to needlepivot-->fair because you were tethered or hanging on the ledge

Top Bottom