• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Me Please

Magma

Smash Cadet
Sorry. I know I'm new here, and I don't mean to spam, but I have a lot of questions about Melee (I'm trying to get the last couple trophies and special messages). I would post in the Help thread, but it seems no one here checks that. So whenever I have a question, I'm going to post in this thread, if that's okay.

I'm currently trying to get through Adventure Mode on Very Hard. I seem to be doing the best with Samus (she is my main, after all), even though the FAQs suggest Roy or Link. In any case, can someone tell me the fastest, easiest way to get Smash Coins for continues (since you can continue to get the special message)?

Also, I'd appreciate any strategies for getting through Adventure on Very Hard. Those Pokemon and Wire Frames are brutal. O_o

altir

Smash Apprentice
on the first stage of adventure, sit at the end and dash back and forth for a couple of minuets. you should get around 8+ coins. remember to finis the level befor time runs out.

Magma

Smash Cadet
Call it OCD, but I'm a collection *****. Whenever I get a game, I MUST get everything in it, with 100% completion. The special messages and trophies are part of that.

Jammer

Smash Lord
The number of coins you get is directly related to the number of dash-initiatings you do.

Put a controller in the player two slot, start a Melee match, and dash-dance for ten minutes. You'll get about 50 coins if you do it well.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
The number of coins you get is directly related to the number of dash-initiatings you do.

Put a controller in the player two slot, start a Melee match, and dash-dance for ten minutes. You'll get about 50 coins if you do it well.
Crap. I never knew that.
Uhm. A Little Guide?

Mushroom Kingdom - Run and avoid enemies. Before you come to the Yoshi part, take a shell with you. It's a 1 hit KO.
VS Mario and Peach - Can't really say. CPUs are dumb so spam Smash attack
2x Donkey Kongs - CC Down Smash (Wait, you can't in 1P mode....)
VS Giant DK - Stay where you are and let him SD
Hyrule - Simple, just avoid enemies
VS Zelda - Uhm Same as Mario and Peach
VS Samus - An Easy game of shoot missles and smashing
Escaping Brinstar - This is too EASY!!!!!
VS Kirby - CC Smashes and tons of projectile. He'll die at about 60% because Greens Greens is a bad Kirby stage.
VS A Lot of Kirbs - This is where it gets harder. Don't let them corner you. Run away and spam projectiles. When they get too close use smashes. (Like a casual noob ;D). Make sure you don't take less than 30 seconds. Giant Kirby will **** you
VS Fox - Easy. Take him to the end of the Mother Ship and throw him off. He might SD. Other wise, it's easy to fight him there. This Fox might Camp though.
VS Fox/Falco - This Fox/Falco doesn't camp. Lasers are shooting but that doesn't matter. Same crap
VS Pokemons - USE THE FORCE (Pokeballs) and generally run around. The CPUs don't pick up pokeballs so they're your whole luck....
F Zero Track - Run like you're going to die. Jump on every other platform. Pretty easy.
VS Captain Falcon - Easy. Let him SD or run around using items. That or normal fighting style
VS 3x Ness - This is hard! Not really. Keep a distance and shoot projectiles. The Ness's will be too dumb throwing Mr. Saturns.
Icicle Moutain - Don't rush this, but don't get hit and IC are easy. Run to the sides and backward throw them.
VS Metal Mario+Luigi - Let them SD. Too easy
VS Larger Bowser - Spam Projectiles, don't let him get close. Use items XD
VS Giga Bowser - No, you're never gonna get here. You probably continued like 20 times now.

Magma

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your help, people. The hardest parts of the adventure is Mario/Peach, Samus, Fox (round 2), Pokemon, C. Falcon, Ness, and the Wire Frames. A lot of times if I lose a life against Mario/Peach, I'll just restart, which sucks, because that's probably the hardest match in the whole adventure, next to the Pokemon stage. Those Pokemon like to ****!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Thanks for your help, people. The hardest parts of the adventure is Mario/Peach, Samus, Fox (round 2), Pokemon, C. Falcon, Ness, and the Wire Frames. A lot of times if I lose a life against Mario/Peach, I'll just restart, which sucks, because that's probably the hardest match in the whole adventure, next to the Pokemon stage. Those Pokemon like to ****!
Mario/Peach - Mario is very dumb. Get near the edge and he will use his Fair. Grab the ledge because he CAN get back. Peach does the same thing but it's less likely.

Samus - I usually thought this was easy but, use grabs. It's good. Not much I can do to help here.

Fox Round 2 - Though Lasers are shootzing like mad, it's almost the same thing. Throw him out of the stage and it's just a simple game of edgeguarding.

Pokemon - RUN AWAY FROM THE EVIL YELLOW RATS AND OCCASIONAL PINK JIGGLE WIGGLES. Use all the pokeballs you see. They're really helpful.

Falcon - He doesn't have projectiles so shoot at him. Not much I can do to help here.

Ness - Nesses are dumb here. If you can lead them to the left side, wait for a car and it's a instant 1 hit KO. Good ole cars. Don't forget to shield XD

Wire Frames - Just use items and projectiles. Run away!!!! XD

Magma

Smash Cadet
DP! My bad. Anyway, now I'm having troubl taking down the Fighting Wire Frames. I've still got some continues left, but I don't want to waste them until I get some sound advice from you guys. Remember, I'm Samus on Very Hard. Her Down+A fire blast seems to work a little, but not without taking a lot of damage. The main problem is the gravity--it's so nonexistent that it allows for long periods of juggling. GAH!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
You can bundle these guys up. Once about 5 of them are following you, you can hit them all at the same time. Then you should gather them up again and smash once more. Keep doing this until you finish. The last one is always the hardest so watch out. It won't die like the rest.

Magma

Smash Cadet
Thank you! I got it! WOO! Very Hard clear! Now I just have to do the same exact thing--but without continuing! And I can tone it down to just Hard, too.

Heh heh, the announer yells "Wow, incredible!" instead of "Congratulations!". That's hardcore. (Please let Hard be much, MUCH easier...)

Magma

Smash Cadet
Thank you! I got it! WOO! Very Hard clear! Now I just have to do the same exact thing--but without continuing! And I can tone it down to just Hard, too.

Heh heh, the announer yells "Wow, incredible!" instead of "Congratulations!". That's hardcore. (Please let Hard be much, MUCH easier...)

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Glad I could help.

The key to beat Giga Bowser doesn't matter if you continue. Just to beat Very Hard Adventure under 18 minutes.

I'm not sure if Very Hard no continue is a bonus. I've had the Diskun trophy without that cleared.

For Hard Mode? It's way easier. Falco/Fox's Shine can blast CPUs across the stage.

Magma

Smash Cadet
Woo. Got all the Adventure mode stuff. Now I have to beat Classic Mode on Very Hard. Hopefully that'll be a little easier than it was on Adventure.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Woo. Got all the Adventure mode stuff. Now I have to beat Classic Mode on Very Hard. Hopefully that'll be a little easier than it was on Adventure.
Definitely easier. More 1v1s.

Only hard part is the Team "Insert Character." Make sure you get Luigi/Mario/DK because they kill them selves A LOT.

Magma

Smash Cadet
Alright I beat it on Very Hard but I was perusing the Special Messages FAQ and one of them says "You've cleared Classic Mode on Very Hard with a stock of one!"

Okay, if this special message is for real, I'm going to cry and give this quest up.

Banks

Smash Hero
Call it OCD, but I'm a collection *****. Whenever I get a game, I MUST get everything in it, with 100% completion. The special messages and trophies are part of that.
id love to see you ith an xbox360 trying to get all the pointless acheivements.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
It's a fakie. Sakurai doesn't expect all his fellow buyers of Smash do to that.

You don't even get a prize for beating all characters on Very Hard.

I actually don't remember playing on Easy- Hard Mode. Once you've beated Very Hard, there's no point in going back to those in the middle. Very Easy is for getting High Scores.

EDIT:
@Banks, If he gets Shadow the Hedgehog (The Game)
There are 300 something ways to beat that game. Sadly I've only gotten myself like 50 ish and gave up. Too hard XD

Top Bottom