• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me improve my Wolf.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I've been playing... and nearly all of the people I've played have been able to beat me.

I consider myself fairly decent, I can beat all of my friends (That's saying a lot...) but still, I just can't seem to beat the people who play competitively.

I was hoping the competitive people could give me a few tips on techniques and stuff to help me improve, it would be greatly appreciated =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLWmnNoL9no

Sorry about the quality, I don't have Gamebridge xP

So yeah, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated =D

You can say I suck and flame all you want... as long as you say something useful along with it xD

Edit: LOL, I spelled "improve" "improe"... fixed now.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
d00d ai diddint evin wach ur vid adn i no you sucks. Just kidding.

In all seriousness, you need to become more aggressive overall, also, read my guide on Wolf, it's called The Essence of Wolf. Its on the top of the page stickied.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Thanks, very helpful guide by the way =)

Though, it seems whenever I try to be aggressive I'm always predictable or the spotdodge + punish thing gets me.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Kos beat me to the punch about the guid lol. BUt he is right about the aggressiveness. An agressive wolf is an tough opponent. While a smart wolf most be out smarted in order to beat which is what I believe you are. But being an Smart Yet Agressive Wolf player is any players worst fear, which is what you need to play in order to beat competitive players. Your wolf is not bad at all, and in fact on par with a "good" wolf player, but you need to be more effecient in the most important part of a match. Mindgames..Learn them..use them...abuse them...as I always say,"A good wolf player uses all of wolf's moves, and knows how to use them."

Hopefully this has helped you a bit, or at all if anything. But serious, you can get better with your gameplay, it's just your mindgames that lack.

-Captain Sa10

KurageWolf

Smash Rookie
Wolf's an animal, use him as such. I like how you kept him from getting back on the stage, But try to use every movement as an attack. When you jump, attack, when you run, make sure to land a blow at the end.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
You don't spam F- Smash enough..
>_>
<_<

Seriously though, I noticed that you were only intrested in punishing Fox after he did a move, you played too defensive; What I mean is that you have to aproach a bit more like everyone said here "be more agressive". All the advice I have for you is to keep practiceing, avoid being predictable and sometimes do moves that will catch your opponent off guard, even if that's not the best move to use, the surprise element is crucial in this game.

Oh and play Kos if you can, pain is the best teacher XD

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I'd love to play Kos, however, sensor bar got screwed over due to dog chewing... and I don't have any money to replace it... Nor do I have a classic controller or anything, it kind of sucks xD

But yeah, the day before I tried implimenting a Wall of Wolf for approaching and being generally more aggressive, the Wall of Wolf in particular works REALLY well.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Everyone said it already, be more aggressive, wolves in general are aggressive creatures if you mess with them, and you have to be a wolf...

You made it sound like you were horrible, but you're actually pretty good, I thought I was gonna watch a horrible match, lol.

Try to incorporate your shines more, its such a underrated move but its so good, that part where Fox was juggling you could have easily been broken by a shine, your shine is your saving grace, its fast, unexpected, and breaks combos due its stun and dodge effect, don't abuse it, but use it more to break combos, especially in the air, Wolf is the anti juggle

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
cool not bad but let suggest a tip, try grabing and throwing them up and doing some aerial combos. like PKboy89 said, be a little more aggresive, to me hes an offense type of fighter. hope that helps

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Hey ArcPoint, if you want we could share friend codes, I have a couple of hours each day to play on wifi, and I'll be glad to help you practice if you want.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
I'd love to play Kos, however, sensor bar got screwed over due to dog chewing... and I don't have any money to replace it... Nor do I have a classic controller or anything, it kind of sucks xD

But yeah, the day before I tried implimenting a Wall of Wolf for approaching and being generally more aggressive, the Wall of Wolf in particular works REALLY well.
There is a solution to a broken sensor bar, be it quite ghetto. Just light 2 candles and put them a sensor bars distance apart where your sensor bar would normally sit, it works.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Well, I just got a new sensor bar today, so no worries on that, and what are your guy's friend codes?

And which time zones do you guys live on? I really am hoping to play some of the... better Wolf's out there.

My FC is: 4983-4820-3083

I'd love to get owned in the name of improving xD

Anyway, hope to see some of you guys in a WiFi Match =)

Edit: Captain Sa10, could elaborate a bit more on the the mindgames thing? Are you talking about my approaches or general predictability? Or what?

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Well, I just got a new sensor bar today, so no worries on that, and what are your guy's friend codes?

And which time zones do you guys live on? I really am hoping to play some of the... better Wolf's out there.

My FC is: 498-4820-3083

I'd love to get owned in the name of improving xD

Anyway, hope to see some of you guys in a WiFi Match =)

Edit: Captain Sa10, could elaborate a bit more on the the mindgames thing? Are you talking about my approaches or general predictability? Or what?
Mostly your general predictability, which is all I really saw as a problem. Your approaches are good but they can improve as long as you practice. BTW here's my code if you want it:
3823-8232-4578

Not sure how my well LAN adaptor is working since I had some weird lag, but I haven't played online in months so I guess im just not use to it.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Yeah, I noticed that I was fairly predictable.

I was playing Kos, and for the first 10 (?) or so matches I got him down to one stock... and then after that he started getting two stocks and then it went from there.

So yeah, unpredictability is something I need to work on... less methodical play.

Edit: LOL, I messed up my friend code.

My REAL FC is: 4983-4820-3083

And sorry Kos for making you wait however long you did xP

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I never really "defeated" you, although I took your first stock xP

The only time I actually beat you... was when you suicided.

Anyway, after playing me, any tips? I REALLY need to work on predictability... I fell into your Spotdodge->Dsmash WAY too often.

Edit: Captain Sa10... I tried adding you, but the Wii said I entered the wrong number, I retyped it three times and still nothing... did you get it wrong or something?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881

Anyway, after playing me, any tips? I REALLY need to work on predictability... I fell into your Spotdodge->Dsmash WAY too often.

Edit: Captain Sa10... I tried adding you, but the Wii said I entered the wrong number, I retyped it three times and still nothing... did you get it wrong or something?
You've definetly got a great air game, I noticed that right away. You do need to work on your ground game a bit though. Not saying your ground game is bad, but it could be as good as your air game. Trying chaining things on the ground more often. Nair to Dtilt, Nair to Reflector to Dsmash, Tech chasing, short hopped Fairs would be good, I've almost come to like Fair more than Bair lately to be honest. Other than that, you play pretty well, you just need to mix it up a bit so you become less predictable. Find 3 or 4 approaches that work really well for you and always switch up between them to keep your opponent guessing.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman

yea the last digit on my FC was wrong lol, really sorry about that. I've been sucking really bad online lately, so Im not to sure on how well of a match you'll have agains't me(I prefer in-person tourneys anyway). my correct FC is: 3823-8232-4576

Top Bottom