• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help me figure out G&W

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
I was messing around with low tiers the other day and took a liking to game and watch. I can pull out some wins here and there, but I honestly have no clue what I'm doing with him >_> In spite of this, I'd like to pick him up and make him a competitive third or even second character. So, if you could take a look at this vid and tell me how I could make my style more effective, I'd appreciate it lots.

Also, just a quick note, I know I used dash attack a little much, but the windmill of fury was the topic of discussion during this fight, and I couldn't help mself ^_^ Normally, I'd use less, but the rest of my tactics are a rather typical to what I do with G&W at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMMcCxPNaP8

Thanks again!

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Well other that dash attacking more than usual, your quite good.

Maybe somehow use up-tilt into your game as it is a good attack.
You also need to try and sweetspot the ledge more, Not that you needed to. >__>

Lixivium

Smash Champion
That Fox was terrible. Approaching too much with the dash attack against good players will get you killed.

A SHFFLC'ed F-Air from the side or D-Air from above are much safer options.

Seriously, SHFFL F-Air -> jab -> D-tilt/grab is like half of G&W's game. Get that down before anything else.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
both players were pretty bad, u gotta work on your Fair spam and Dtilt spam :) dont forget his huetral, Uair and Bair cant be Lcanceled. and Nair has a lag on it same as Fair, but Nair lag is rediculos

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
uh.., you can definitely L-cancel Nair

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nair is L-cancelable otherwise i agree with your advice, and make sure you spam D-tilt IMO one of the best tilts in the game

Top Bottom