• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Me Defeat Link

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
Warioware's kind of a mixed bag for me. If I'm playing with someone who won't get out of my face, it can be a nightmare. But the bright side is that the blastlines are so tight, Link's kill moves will start to KO at like 80%, which is ridiculous.
That explains my experience. I play most regularly with a very agressive lucas/marth player. So I get buttered like a biscuit in no time flat.

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
Just like to pop in to say that, being a mewtwo main, the link boards are a terrifying place filled with terrifying people playing a terrifying character
typically for me, the link matchup vs mewtwo plays a lot like the falco match, but substitute getting outcamped for getting outpressured. Mewtwo tends to lose hard in neutral but get edgeguards for free. it's probably 60:40 link, i would say, but i would appreciate all the help i can get.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Teleport in whenever we try to camp, and teleport out whenever you are feeling pressured.
I actually beat my local M2 main fairly solidly, so I'm not really sure what you can do about it other than that.

Weeezy

Smash Rookie
Yes yes... Please take me to Wario Ware. >: D

Gotta remember, Link can camp those top two platforms there without being touched, all thanks to AGTs and falling n-airs, d-airs (ledgecancelled). If you really want to pressure Link, take him to FoD. The platforms will mess him up and you can apply a lot of pressure there. But in all honesty, the argument can be made that Link doesn't have a bad stage. I'd gladly fight on any stage against any character.

^This
What would you say for a Meta Knight player because I find Wario Ware excellent for MK and on bigger stages I find it harder to kill link?

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
What would you say for a Meta Knight player because I find Wario Ware excellent for MK and on bigger stages I find it harder to kill link?
That's easily true. Once you get in on link, it can be hard for him to deal. For the most part. If link has room to run or zone, you're gonna get buttered real fast. Since metaknights seem to thrive when hyper aggressive, I would agree with small stages - green hill zone and the like. Get some tech chase grabs in and keep up the pressure.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Just like to pop in to say that, being a mewtwo main, the link boards are a terrifying place filled with terrifying people playing a terrifying character
typically for me, the link matchup vs mewtwo plays a lot like the falco match, but substitute getting outcamped for getting outpressured. Mewtwo tends to lose hard in neutral but get edgeguards for free. it's probably 60:40 link, i would say, but i would appreciate all the help i can get.
Fully charged Shadowballs will go through boomerang and hit Link. Just play really really really really lame. Stay out of boomerang range and charge shadowballs, then use the shadowball to beat boomerang. After doing that a few times, just keep the charged shadowball for the fear factor just to get in.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Yup they do, so be careful about that. If you see Link pull a bomb predictably though, you can teleport in and punish.

Last edited:

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
That would be a good stage to take link as MK as well. I'd recommend either that, lylat, dreamland, and smashville against link. But as I said, it's one of my best stages so.. please take me to the warehouse of wario.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
That would be a good stage to take link as MK as well. I'd recommend either that, lylat, dreamland, and smashville against link. But as I said, it's one of my best stages so.. please take me to the warehouse of wario.
Wouldn't Link live for f***ing ever on Dreamland if he's good at bomb-jumping? I feel like he straight-up beats Meta Knight's survivability there.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't Link live for f***ing ever on Dreamland if he's good at bomb-jumping? I feel like he straight-up beats Meta Knight's survivability there.
It would be the same for MK. He'd live forever aswell. Needless to say, yes. Just giving people options.

Top Bottom