• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Mah Donkeh!

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Ok, I just started Playing Donkey not so long ago, and I really like him, it has a monster sized cool factor, and looks real pimp and ****.

So now, what I ask is for you to tell me how to handle some stuff.

1.- I have BIG porblems vs a Luigi, he constantly spams the sex kick and renders most of my areials useless with its hyper priority, how can I counter him?

2.- How should I approach a marth, it outranges me, outspeeds me, outgrabs me, etc. how?

3.- Is is ok to do Empty SHFFLs into a forward waveland Donkey Punch?

4.- What does the Fair become usefull? Right now I can only get it to work as a mindgame really, faking im gona hit but fastfalling and L-cancelling to a grab.
but can i do anything else besides that?

5.- Are there any "1337 Techs of the Ancients" for Donkey Kong? or is he plain reflex dominated?

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
2. Lure him above you, and abuse the u-air. B-air is incredibly useful in this matchup, approaching with b-airs works wonders. If he decides to f-smash, donkey punch him in the lag of it.

3. Of course it's ok, but i'd prefer it as a retreating waveland donkey punch, as people as approaching you.

when i play against marth I simply do a lot of shield grabbing in some cases it work but in others since marth can shield poke but mainly against marth use a lot of the bair move i think.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
If the Luigi is approaching you from above, give him some upB. But be careful of the weak hits. He'll nair you in the face.

pdk

Smash Lord
1. shieldgrab, this is a floaty we're talking about
2. ftilt/dtilt give you the range you need and nair/bair are ok for approach; that or out-shieldgrab him
3. do retreating waveland unless the opponent will be too far away for that to hit
4. edgeguarding (sometimes) or feinting
5. donkey punch canel + donkey punch aerial turnaround + cargo uthrow combos = all you'll ever need

James Sparrow

Smash Master
One of the thing that makes the donkey punch so great is that it's a move that can be started while in the air. I wouldn't waste your time wavelanding into it. What I like to do is space b-airs at them, and when I feel they don't expect it, I tap toward them and press B to do a turnaround punch in the air. It's also cool to mind game with a dash jump past them, and reverse donkey punching. A lot of people will have a reaction to jump right into it.

Top Bottom