• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help, I have vids?

Heretic_Angel

Smash Rookie

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
It's not that you're making tons of grave errors. (Attacking a bit too early every now and then isn't really big.) It's just that Ganon does a lot better against Zelda than he does Sheik. When you play the very common Sheik/Zelda combination, that is, using Sheik to damage and Zelda to kill, you end up with a sound strategy. This should, as you believe, translate into a very nice fight for you against Ganondorf.

I'm going off the assumption that Sheik was the first one for you to learn. First off, when you're going for the kill with Zelda, try to limit your use of fair/bair. Lightning kicks for that style of Sheik/Zelda are not the best thing to go with unless you're using those kicks when someone hits your shield or if you know they'll land. You approached with them, and they're horrible aerials to approach with.

When Zelda gets knocked in the air against... well, most of the cast, unless you really know what you're doing, do not attempt to fight back. Dodge and move AWAY from them. Zelda's floatiness doesn't allow her to airdodge past someone like Ganon, as we saw in your second video. If you must try to pass them, use Nayru's once in order to slow yourself so whoever is trying to hit you from below will be falling back down before you reach them. This will help you get to the ground safely. Make sure you can't be reached when you use Nayru's.

Really, you aren't doing too bad. Zelda is just so freakishly light and so easy to manipulate in the air. Ganon hits very hard, too. Stick with Fsmash and ftilt to keep Ganon away from you. Usmash works whenever he's above you of course. Dsmash and dtilt are also good. The idea is to not jump. You can use Din's from a distance to try and get him to move towards you, but if he does not move, close the distance but don't get in striking range. I like to take steps back and forward and spam Fsmash because it's a pretty safe move in general. If you must approach in the air, use nair. Don't use fair/bair.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
From experience fighting you, AngeL, I can say that those needles are crazy annoying. Ganny doesn't usually handle projectiles very well, and those things were meant to be spammed. All I can say is that you really ought to use them more than almost never.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If you're going to switch between Sheik and Zelda to rack damage/finish, I would say just worry about smashing with Zelda because at 150% plus kicking is kinda pointless.

Mix in some grabs with your tilts.

Don't get overaggressive. Your dins fire in the second match actually saved him by popping him up. Take time to analyze the situation as best you can.

Majority of Ganon's moves will have lag either at the start up or at the finish. Sheik and Zelda can out maneuver Ganon so bait him into doing something and punish his lag. (This will also improve the spacing of your attacks so you can hit him but he can't hit you back) Don't feel like you have to charge him all the time.

Ganon's recovery is very predictable and easy to see coming so instead of going for a big hit you can mix up your edgeguarding game by using well timed edgehogs.

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
hey ya, i'm ominous

you keep on loseing coz you use the same move's over and over, you never realy chang you're combo's. you should try and mix them up. useing the same move's will only ever get you killed and sheik's speem should help you out to make better and faster combo's

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
You made one critical mistake, and that was that you were constantly the aggresor. Ganon is a character with tons of lag on him, sometimes you should've sat back and let him attack you. A ganon main usually plays defensive, so try to make him be the aggresor and punish him. Otherwise good matches.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
like others said, don't be too agressive with zelda and don't just randomly spam her smashes. you want them fresh for fast kills. for ganon i think you should spam dins until you force him to come to you and then overpower him with one of zelda's godly smashes! dun dun dun!

i wouldn't recommend using L. kicks (hard to hit) or other attacks with no power like dtilt cuz your just adding more dmg.

but your shiek is really nice!

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Ganon main here. If you're looking for practice, I wouldn't mind getting repeatedly ***-***** for the experience. All I usually get to play against are against other ganons and that just doesn't do much.

Top Bottom