• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help!! Fastfalling!!

solidsnake4119

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow smashers.

I have just one question about brawl.

How do you cancel the automatic fast fall from certain characters, such as Ice climbers' aerial down+a, zero suit samus, shiek, G&w etc.

If you don't know what I am talking about, when you are performing down+a in the air, you automatically fastfall with the attack.

I was just wondering how you cancel this. I'm pretty sure it is possible because sometimes I cancelled it while in the peak of my jump.

Thanks for the help. cheers :chuckle:

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
I don't use these characters, but footstool jumping on your enemy and using d-air works very well and will prevent you from fastfalling.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Well, I know that for Mr. Game & Watch, you press down to cancel the fastfall, ironically, but I'm not sure if it works for anyone else's.

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
hmm well i'll have to test, but i know my friend randomly cancels the acceleration of Tlinks Dair, so maybe thats what he was doing...

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman
My brother and I have cancled sonic's dair several times when we were just fooling around with characters.
I think after a certain about of distance, you can press jump and it'll cancel the dair.
I don't really pay attention to what I did in those moments, so I may be wrong.

Top Bottom