• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Deciding On Some Secondary Characters

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
My main in Melee was Falco with my secondary being Mario. As soon as I saw Diddy was in Brawl ,I decided to main him simply because I've liked his character ever since playing DKC. I got hugely lucky that his play style had one that I loved anyway - fast, great aerial game, FAST, dsmash similar to Mario's, etc. I'm not using Mario as a secondary anymore simply because his cape has virtually NO horizontal distance in the air anymore. So, anyone have any tips on who could be my (at least) two backup characters? I've been playing Toon Link a lot lately, so I've been pondering using him (it helps that I'm also a giant Zelda series fan).

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont understand what people want when they make threads like this? I mean we can tell you who we think are the best characters, but you can find that out anywhere.
if you need a "fast character with great aerial game", you can play the game for five minutes and figute that out.
i never understood threads like this. Just play all the characters. the ones you like will naturally click.

Squirtle_Squad

Smash Rookie
while I heartily concur with the above poster
my purely biased opinion is to go for pokemon trainer, especially squirtle as they have similar speed and air games (also why have one secondary when you can have 3 at once.)
BTW i second Diddy

Robiin

Smash Cadet
I main both Diddy and Toon Link. They are kind of similar
As secondary I play Meta Knight and Olimar, sometimes Lucas to ^^

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea, not sure what to tell you to do, but if it gives you any ideas, game and watch and lucario are my other 2 mains

TastyPastry

Smash Rookie
I agree that you should just try out all the other characters...but if you are looking for a great dsmash I recommend Wolf - he is my secondary - he has much of the same speed as Diddy Kong with almost if not all the same recovery distance with a projectile (though notably different of course) so it didn't take me long to make the adjustment. Plus wolf is just a beast in general.

Grandeza

Smash Master
My secondary is Ganondorf. You really just have to try it put. I would have never guessed I would use ganondorf as a secondary.

SmashingFleX

Smash Apprentice
ROB is a beast! ^^
he is fast and have a lot of good attacks with really good knockback. Today I treid to play wth DDD xD
and I have to say his Chaingrab is TEH ****! :D:D
In the future I will play more with him :D

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
I just got on this website and I like to main Diddy. I have found that a secondary character to Diddy is Pikachu. They have similar recovery as far as timing and distance. Their aerial game and speed are close. Just my opinion.....

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
wouldn't you want a second to be someone who is a counter-pick to whoever counter-picks your main character, (not a similar character)?

Top Bottom