• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Help changing the player portrait backgrounds

Lokieda

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'd like some help changing the player portrait background during the character select screen. An example of what I'm talking about is shown in this link: http://imgur.com/gallery/XSea6

As you can see, the normal player portrait background is red, but after pushing in L or R it changes, the skin in place for Green-R is no longer green at all. So I'd like to learn how to change it to better represent the current skin. Anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this?

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
If you look through MnSlChr.dat/usd in DTW you'll see the texture for the character selection portrait is white. The color of each port is more than likely defined by hex in the .dat file.
I'm not aware of any offsets for it. But I'm sure if you scour the forum enough you'll find some notes on it. Alternatively, you can just go through the file in a hex editor and find it yourself. Think the Melee Hacks & You thread has a tutorial on how to recognize things. But I'm not sure.

Lokieda

Smash Rookie
If you look through MnSlChr.dat/usd in DTW you'll see the texture for the character selection portrait is white. The color of each port is more than likely defined by hex in the .dat file.
I'm not aware of any offsets for it. But I'm sure if you scour the forum enough you'll find some notes on it. Alternatively, you can just go through the file in a hex editor and find it yourself. Think the Melee Hacks & You thread has a tutorial on how to recognize things. But I'm not sure.
Thanks, I've made over 12 skins without touching hex lol, it looks so daunting. I'm sure you're right, there is probably a tutorial hidden in the forums for this exact question too.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'd like some help changing the player portrait background during the character select screen. An example of what I'm talking about is shown in this link: http://imgur.com/gallery/XSea6

As you can see, the normal player portrait background is red, but after pushing in L or R it changes, the skin in place for Green-R is no longer green at all. So I'd like to learn how to change it to better represent the current skin. Anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this?
OP of the 20XX thread. There is a link to a post I made about changing the CSP background colors.

Top Bottom