• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against Mario and Dr. Mario...

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone!
I'm probably one of the best smashers at my college, but I have trouble with one other person in particular. He plays with ICs (not a problem, except for a wobble) and Mario/ Dr. Mario. For some reason, I have a particularly difficult time dealing with M/Dr. M and I was hoping if anyone could show me some ways to counter them or some good strategies I could learn against them.
Also, my abilities as a peach go all the way from simple chain-grabbing to partial mowing. So you don't need to hold back any suggestions.

P.S. Can anyone see my signature, because I haven't been able to see it yet, and I put it in like 3 days ago...
NVM....my sig showed up just now...-_-;

Pritch

Smash Lord
To quote Green Mario, while he was watching Xif playing uber ice's mario at SUPS:

"Just float, he can't actually do anything to you while you're in the air."

Of course, doc is a bit more irritating, what with pills and kill moves that can actually hit airborne targets. It's still a fairly manageable matchup though. Pills can be baired through, and his recovery is so bad that if you ever get him off the stage he shouldn't get back.

Against either of them the biggest thing is realizing that they have very limited options with which to actually kill you - fsmash for mario and fair/fsmash for doc are basically it since assuming you aren't out without your jump and/or float they really can't edgeguard you very well. Pay attention to how they set up those kill moves and learn to avoid them and you should do fine.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
ledge drop bairs to hit them out of their recovery attempts is sweeeet. gimping them in general helps.

using your priority to beat them in the air is always good. turnips become less viable due to their capes, but you can rush at them when they're off the stage, jump like you're going to throw the turnip, but throw it behind you and fastfall into a bair to hit them out further.

Top Bottom