• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello world!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Hello, i'm StarLight42, I just registered at this board because I wanted to join the hype for SSB4 and talk about it! Please note that I do not consider myself any good at smash nor do I consider myself a professional smasher. However, that doesn't mean I support the casual scene 100%. I support both the casual and hardcore smash scenes equally and i'm hoping SSB4 will do the justice! (I also occasionally watch tournaments like Apex, EVO, and of course, the Invitational.)

I main Mario in Smash 64, he is definitely my favorite Nintendo character and he is actually pretty...decent in Smash 64. Although he isn't top tier, he is certainly quick. I don't play Smash 64 very often but when I do it's usually with my older brother who grew up with the game. Sometimes we get in some tough battles, although we do play with items on, stupid casuals, IKR.

I main Dr. Mario in Melee, mostly because of his overall quicker pace than Mario and the electrical forward smash. He... just feels a bit better than Mario to me in this game.

I main Toon Link in Brawl. I really like Wind Waker and I don't see the appeal for the more hardcore Zelda games like Twilight Princess, lol. However, Toon Link is generally a lot quicker than Link and I don't use any of the Mario characters because Luigi is too floaty, I don't generally like Peach, Bowser is terrible, and Mario was nerfed hard in brawl with FLUDD.

I main Rosalina in SSB4- just kidding I don't, but i'm going to try unless she becomes a really terrible character or something like that. Also looking forward to playing as Little Mac, those punches look hilariously fun.

So yeah, sorry I don't main Fox or Meta-Knight, but I just don't, it's not very fun just being restricted to the top tier characters. ;)

I joined Smashboards because I AM SO HYPED for SSB4. I always check every pic of the day and some could call me a no-lifer. Discussing Smash Bros. at GameFAQS is like discussing it with a bunch of four year olds, so I came here.

I don't attend tournaments because I am a stupid casual who plays with items on....and i'm not very good at smash in general. (I actually used the Wii remote in Brawl before I knew it was the worst choice, LOL)

My interests outside of Smash Bros. is everything Nintendo, Super Mario, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Zelda, Kirby, you name it. However, unlike a lot of Nintendo fans, I don't generally bash Playstation/Xbox every chance I get, I just ignore whatever is going on at MS/Sony headquarters. I also have hacked my Wii and mess around with games such as Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart.

I am SuperStarLight at MarioKartWii.com if anyone comes from there... (I saw one person that looked familiar).

---

Anyways, sorry for that long introduction, I doubt anyone actually read it, but it's fine, I just felt like I need a proper introduction before posting.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm telling on you. You stole @ Miku Boy Miku Boy 's thread title :troll:

But on a serious note, I ready every word of your post. I always do. But based on what I've read, I'll say this: You may be a bit hard on yourself. No matter what realm you come from (casual or competitive), you're accepted here, so that's not something to worry about. And not everyone mains Fox/Meta-Knight, that's really more of a stereotype for high-top level players only playing with top-tier characters. You're a Mario fan, play with Mario fan. You love Toon Link, play with Toon Link. I'm a big supporter of people that use characters that they have some sort of connection with :)

And I wonder what part of the Internet you go to where many Nintendo fans bash Playstation/Xbox...I generally see the opposite, if anything :p I love both Nintendo and Sony, as for Microsoft, I'm indifferent.

I appreciate the long introduction. It's always nice seeing new people willing to share a lot. Look forward to catching you around the forums sometime!

Top Bottom