• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello, I'm a noob lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
I'm somewhat new to Brawl and to SmashBoards and I need help. What are basic strategies/moves/tactics/whatever I should be learning so I can become a better gamer. I'll post a video showing a typical Match for me and you can tell me how well I did for a 13-Year-Old

Sarix

Smash Ace
Hello and welcome to the Kirby boards. The boon of Kirby is that he is an easy character to learn and has simple combos that are quite effective. Kirby is essentially a glass cannon who can deal damage and kill well but is the the 3rd lightest and dies really easily without proper DI. The three things I would start learning are spacing (this includes burst spacing), Kirby's overall priority and when it's good to use certain moves, and DI (Directional Influence) as it is pivotal to Kirby being able to survive against heavy hitting characters.

This guide should help as well. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144039

I can also give you some practice on wifi if you wish for a non-Kirby main's opinion.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ah, a 13-year-old, eh? Well, welcome to the Smash World Forum's community's Kirby forums!

Now, to help you out, here's a couple of links to things you may want to know regarding Kirby:

Kirby Video Archive, Kirby videos are posted all over the place here!
Kirby General/Social thread, where all the Kirby community members go to blow off steam and talk about anything, Kirby-related or not!
Kirby's Questions and Answers thread and Thread Directory, the place to ask short questions for the whole community to answer and help, and also contains the links to important Kirby threads in the first post!
Kirby Match-Up Advice thread, where you will find some quick tips to how to play against other characters in the game (but only against other human opponents, although some of these tips apply to computers as well)!

And last but CERTAINLY not least...

T1mmy's guide to Kirby, "Kirby & The Amazing Guide", with mountains of great information for any avid up-and-coming Kirby players to read and learn! Watch out, it's ENORMOUS, but certainly worth reading due to all of the information on the character it contains. A valuable piece that cannot go unnoticed by anybody who wishes to take up Kirby.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message, or the rest of the Kirby community. Feel free to spend time in the Kirby General/Social thread to get to know the community, but remember to follow the Global Rules when posting. Thank you, and welcome once again to the Kirby community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom