• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Hopefully soon. On the off chance the Ninka roster is true, we've got Shulk, Bowser Jr., and DHD left (Dark Pit may not get an intro since he's a clone and was in Palutena's). If Sakurai intends to reveal them all, he doesn't have much time. And he did say he wants to give everyone an intro.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Hopefully soon. On the off chance the Ninka roster is true, we've got Shulk, Bowser Jr., and DHD left (Dark Pit may not get an intro since he's a clone and was in Palutena's). If Sakurai intends to reveal them all, he doesn't have much time. And he did say he wants to give everyone an intro.
Sakurai's taking too long.I need a Shulk reveal soon or I'll explode

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Guys, I think this one's legit!
That pose is taken straight from a cutscene. Plus, he's a bit too big. And how would he be playing against nobody at all?
Still more convincing than the current leak everyone's on about :troll:
Regardless, I just want to see Shulk in the game... like, actually in the game. And that's only happening on September 13th. Can't wait.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
looks fake,ive seen this same image alot

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

Guys, I think this one's legit!
Okay, I'm leaning towards believing the images accompanying the Ninka leak (sorry not sorry, believe what you want, I think it's legit though I want to wait for confirmation before going full steam), but this screams fake. Battlefield looks distorted and the Shulk render is from a cutscene.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Warning Received
Okay, I'm leaning towards believing the images accompanying the Ninka leak (sorry not sorry, believe what you want, I think it's legit though I want to wait for confirmation before going full steam), but this screams fake. Battlefield looks distorted and the Shulk render is from a cutscene.
agreed,that same picture has been used twice,btw they should use a different pose to at least try to fool us

can i bring up the leak or is it off topic?

Last edited by a moderator:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
can i bring up the leak or is it off topic?
I would hold off, even if Shulk is in it, unless we're being very specific, like discussing what Gaur Plains will be like (which would require assuming the leak is true, but hey, it's something to discuss). The thing is, everyone has an itch to discuss it, but the mods have said (and shown through their warnings) that nonspecific discussion needs to be done in the specific thread for the leak (which @ TheFearsomeRyan TheFearsomeRyan linked to a page or so back.

But on that note, if Gaur Plains really is the 3DS stage, what do y'all think it'll be like? Hazards? Walk-off or platform? Exact fit to canon or altered (I think we can assume the latter)?

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Yep you can talk all about it here, all the things. It was chaos before but it's slowed down a bit so you might be able to stir up some convo. I'm over there as well.

As for Gaur Plains I hope the big Gorilla thing comes and attacks. And I mean what's Gaur Plains without Juju's crashed buggy.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Yep you can talk all about it here, all the things. It was chaos before but it's slowed down a bit so you might be able to stir up some convo. I'm over there as well.

As for Gaur Plains I hope the big Gorilla thing comes and attacks. And I mean what's Gaur Plains without Juju's crashed buggy.
Juju's buggy will be an assist trophy though.

With Gaur Plains' stage hazards, would love if some Gogols or Armus came along. Armus could run in as a herd, and if you attack any of them, they all retaliate, focusing on that one player. Or we could have the Immovable Gonzalez be a stage boss. Or Xord.
So many good choices.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Still not a fan of Gaur Plains.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I don't like the idea of a stage boss unless they can be turned off (then again, FD mode, but eehhhhhh), but if there is one, Territorial Rotbart or Immovable Gonzalez are good options if you ask me. Or a pack of Ardun/Armus. That could be amusing.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I also would love to turn off stage hazards, that way we could play on stages other than Final Destination without worrying about getting attacked by a Moblin or Shy Guys.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
honestly with you as Iconic as Gaur plains is I want a stage that has Mechonis looming in the background. and then maybe on the Wii U version a stage with Bionis in the background.
It's just kind of generic, and I also have a feeling it will be a walk off.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Maybe like Colony 6 facing in the direction towards mechonis, and the walls somehow positioned to see it.

And like each match different things change because different parts of the colony are built.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I believe in this leak... *hides from Ridley fans*

In all seriousness though I'm fine with everything that's in it. And Shulk's stance changes look interesting.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I believe in this leak... *hides from Ridley fans*

In all seriousness though I'm fine with everything that's in it. And Shulk's stance changes look interesting.
I hope it's implemented well. It could be awesome or a complete flop. We'll have to wait and see. I'm maining Shulk either way xD

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
If that stage select screen is accurate then I think the stages overall are a tad disappointing. I'm confident the Wii U stage will be real eye candy.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I actually expected this thread to be going more nuts. I'm either impressed or disappointed.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I actually expected this thread to be going more nuts. I'm either impressed or disappointed.
Eh, it was completely nuts yesterday. I'm glad it's finally calmed down.

Hey @BluePikmin11 , could you add Miss @Ninjendo to the supporters list? I didn't spend a couple of weeks convincing her to join and post for that not to happen.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Eh, it was completely nuts yesterday. I'm glad it's finally calmed down.

Hey @BluePikmin11 , could you add Miss @Ninjendo to the supporters list? I didn't spend a couple of weeks convincing her to join and post for that not to happen.
Oh yeah, I forgot that just because I only saw it this morning doesn't mean it happened this morning...

Stupid job keeping me from seeing things as they happen.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The majority here actually hate the leak. Stance Shulk is not well liked, Gaur Plains isn't most peoples favorite stage, and we are all confident that Shulk is in without the leak.

Plus, no Isaac, Ridley, K. Rool, etc.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
The majority here actually hate the leak. Stance Shulk is not well liked, Gaur Plains isn't most peoples favorite stage, and we are all confident that Shulk is in without the leak.

And no Lucas or Ice Climbers either, which is a crap ton of awful.

I'm sort of warming up to "stance" Shulk, though. It's possible Ninka didn't have a clue what he was talking about, and it's much more minor then he makes it seem.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246

Really? Most conversations I've had here about stages usually end at Gaur Plains and stance Shulk has been brought up often enough that I figured a good deal of people liked the idea.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Really? Most conversations I've had here about stages usually end at Gaur Plains and stance Shulk has been brought up often enough that I figured a good deal of people liked the idea.
It's been brought up often, but only to say what a terrible idea it is.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Stance change, even though it's really just stats change, was only brought up so much BECAUSE of the leak. These sort of gimmicks rarely work well in fighting games.

Gaur Plains is OKAY, but it's super Vanilla. It may be some what iconic, but it's not as unique or visually impressive as almost any other area in the game. (Eryth Sea/Prison Island, Fallen Arm, any of the places in the Mechonis, etc.)

(Talent Gauge and Junks are the way to go.)

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Stage wise, if we don't get multiple stages, I think a Junks stage would do it justice, just to see the scale of the Bionis and Mechonis. Travelling from area to area seems like it would be cool.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'd be okay with the leak, honestly. I don't want to assume anything about mode/stance Shulk until I see it, the rest of the roster--hold on *puts up flame shield*--is fine by me, and Gaur Plains is acceptable as a stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom