• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Oh, Ganondorf, your glorious mane is an inspiration to Dunbans, Fioras, and Sharlas everywhere.
Is it just me or would a DW/Xenoblade game be pretty sweet.
Everything x DW would be pretty sweet. Imagine a general Nintendo Warriors or something. OMG that would be so hype. I think the most fitting choices for a Warriors game would be FE or Xenoblade. If not Nintendo Warriors.
But let's not go off-topic here.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
On the topic of the beam sword, wouldn't the fact that it's now red instead of blue kinda soft-confirm Shulk? That was the first thing I thought in the April Direct when they showed off the beam sword (pretty sure it was there I saw it)

And call me crazy but I'm having a hope for the 2nd Nintendo direct this month to be Smash Direct 2: Going Out With A Bang, with maybe two newcomer trailers:
one for Marshal with a Wario vet reveal, the second and last being an epic Shulk trailer with a surprise Fiora it would be just PERFECT. it'd be an effective way of showing off all the newcomers before release too

As for the two handed thing, I'm sure some attacks would have him only use one hand, as well as when he grabs a ledge.

I'll post more properly when I get home, I'm at work and mobile typing is annoying.
Here's a reference image for what she's talking about.

See how they made it this unique red and blue instead of pure blue like the Monado? Looking at it now, it does help Shulk's chances a lot.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
So, anybody see that Ganondorf Hyrule Warriors reveal? Look at the glorious hair.

You see, if they can make a DW Zelda game with the most glorious hair on the planet, then Shulk in Smash can't be too hard, right? Right?!
Zangurak Ganondorf looks great in Hyrule Warriors.

I never had an issue with most of the armors... except for the mechon armors I think.

Like this! Shulk looks like some sort of female mechon or something... except for that huge bulge at the crotch.

To be fair though, I usually kept most characters to the lighter armors except for Reyn, Sharla, and Riki. Dunban was usually nude, so I never even knew about that mechanical grasshopper armor that was posted a couple pages back.

Glory gear ftw, I hope I see that in ssb4
I'm not sure if this is the "grasshopper" armour you were referring to, but I'll post it anyway because it's gold:

(Orion and Taurus Armour Sets if I recall correctly.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zangurak Ganondorf looks great in Hyrule Warriors.
Those swords remind me of the Mechon in terms of design. But yeah, Ganondorf looks freaking sweet in Hyrule Warriors. I'm glad to see my favorite video game villain get such amazing representation in this game!

Here's a reference image for what she's talking about.

See how they made it this unique red and blue instead of pure blue like the Monado? Looking at it now, it does help Shulk's chances a lot.
When I saw the Beam Sword go back to its original red color, I thought that they did that just for Shulk. It would make sense in Brawl's Beam Sword and the Monado have a similar colored beam of light.

I won't take it as "Shulk confirmed" but I do find it to slightly help his chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Fire Emblem Warriors.

ALL OF MY YES.

I recognise the main people and Camus (on the horse), but not the two named characters in the background.

I personally don't think the Beam Sword means anything, but I'll be happy to claim every tiny victory for Shulk.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I personally don't think the Beam Sword means anything, but I'll be happy to claim every tiny victory for Shulk.
Well, it's not just that it's color was changed. Look at the image again. They changed the shape too so that it looks even more different. I mean, it used to be a straight blue beam, almost exactly like the Monado's energy blade. Two changes like that have a very good chance of meaning something.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Well, it's not just that it's color was changed. Look at the image again. They changed the shape too so that it looks even more different. I mean, it used to be a straight blue beam, almost exactly like the Monado's energy blade. Two changes like that have a very good chance of meaning something.
The previous beam swords were actually Monados. Shulk disconfirmed, he is not unique since every single Smash character can easily control the Monado.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Remember that the Mii Sword fighter can use a beam sword that looks very similar to the old item.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Remember that the Mii Sword fighter can use a beam sword that looks very familiar to the old item.

Yeah, but the Mii Fighters can't be used online and that beam sword is part of an optional costume set for an option for the Mii Fighter whereas the Beam Sword item is much more commonly seen in regular play. Giving a customizable costume of a highly customizable self-insert character a beam sword like that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
They also changed it so it doesn't look almost exactly like a lightsaber anymore. Luke Skywalker confirmed? :troll:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Remember that the Mii Sword fighter can use a beam sword that looks very familiar to the old item.

I'll bet you anything that SOMEONE somewhere has used this as an argument against Shulk.
"People would get confused between this blue glowing stick and a giant red beating stick with a glowing blue light, Shulk can't be in"
Considering how petty all other arguments against Shulk are I wouldn't be surprised.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'll bet you anything that SOMEONE somewhere has used this as an argument against Shulk.
"People would get confused between this blue glowing stick and a giant red beating stick with a glowing blue light, Shulk can't be in"
Considering how petty all other arguments against Shulk are I wouldn't be surprised.
I've actually heard people say that the default sword fighter looks a little bit like Isaac, so obviously Isaac can't be in the game. So I wouldn't be surprised.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I've actually heard people say that the default sword fighter looks a little bit like Isaac, so obviously Isaac can't be in the game. So I wouldn't be surprised.
Worst part is that if Isaac isn't in the game, then people will consider that logic to be sound. Same thing with Shulk. If he isn't in, then every petty, weak and pathetic argument will be considered logical.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

I recognise the main people and Camus (on the horse), but not the two named characters in the background.

There are a number of reasons why the beam sword could have been changed so I'm with Alvis on this one
-Looks cooler
-Fits the red/blue theme they have going on with FD
-The Mii has a beam sword
-The top of the beam sword is red/has that curve to it. That is how the beam sword looks in melee. The bottom is blue, and so looks like how it does in Brawl. Since this game is supposed to be like a mix of Melee and Brawl, the mix between Melee's beam sword and Brawl's beam sword could represent this mix.
-Shulk's Monado I guess

Still might raise Shulk's chances a tiny bit though. Maybe 1-2% increase in my mind.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
There are a number of reasons why the beam sword could have been changed so I'm with Alvis on this one
-Looks cooler
-The top of the beam sword is red/has that curve to it. That is how the beam sword looks in melee. The bottom is blue, and so looks like how it does in Brawl. Since this game is supposed to be like a mix of Melee and Brawl, the mix between Melee's beam sword and Brawl's beam sword could represent this mix.
-Shulk's Monado I guess

Still might raise Shulk's chances a tiny bit though. Maybe 1-2% increase in my mind.
I'm gonna go ahead and say all those reasons, but I still do think Shulk has a better chance getting in because of it.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
-Looks cooler
-Shulk's Monado I guess

Which raises his chances to 102%

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Or Sakurai just liked how Melee's beam sword looked more than the Brawl beam sword, so he reused the design.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I can actually see every Nintendo game coming out this year getting a direct. Whether that be a big live stream direct or a smaller one that they just upload to YouTube. So yeah I can see a Smash Direct happening sometime this month or early next month right before the 3DS release. And I can see them do a big blow out since Nintendo tends to do that with their games. Keep you in the dark for a while then right before release bombard you with new info. Same goes for a Smash Wii U direct.

When it comes to the August reveal, it's pretty much Shulk vs Ridley at this point. My question is, why not both? I mean Shulk is the most popular newcomer in Japan while Ridley is the most popular newcomer in the West. It would have everyone hyped right before release. I could see it going down where it starts with Ridley chasing a veteran like Ness for example, then Shulk makes the save, then they show a montage of Shulk being awesome and afterwards they transition into a Ridley trailer similar to Villager and Mega Man at E3 last year.

Either way I just want Shuk. NOW!
Please...

domokl

Smash Lord
I can actually see every Nintendo game coming out this year getting a direct. Whether that be a big live stream direct or a smaller one that they just upload to YouTube. So yeah I can see a Smash Direct happening sometime this month or early next month right before the 3DS release. And I can see them do a big blow out since Nintendo tends to do that with their games. Keep you in the dark for a while then right before release bombard you with new info. Same goes for a Smash Wii U direct.

When it comes to the August reveal, it's pretty much Shulk vs Ridley at this point. My question is, why not both? I mean Shulk is the most popular newcomer in Japan while Ridley is the most popular newcomer in the West. It would have everyone hyped right before release. I could see it going down where it starts with Ridley chasing a veteran like Ness for example, then Shulk makes the save, then they show a montage of Shulk being awesome and afterwards they transition into a Ridley trailer similar to Villager and Mega Man at E3 last year.

Please...
it could also be the villians trailer which has shulk saving the heroes from k rool ridley and mewtwo.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Please...
I'm feeling the same. The wait is kiiiiiiilling me. GIVE ME SHULK SAMURAI

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
it could also be the villians trailer which has shulk saving the heroes from k rool ridley and mewtwo.
No offense but I feel like the possibility of a villains trailer I about as real as that Chunky Kong AT. Ganondorf will probably be secret again, and I get the feeling Meta Knight will also. If Wario gets revealed in a trailer (remember, it could just be a POTD) I feel like it would be with a RH rep since RH and Warioware are made by the same development team. Ridley and Shulk in a trailer would make sense since like I said before they're the two most popular choices left. Of course Shulk saving a bunch of heroes from villains would be cool, I don't see that happening.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If that rumored Ridley vs. Shulk event actually happens, if better be called "Dinobeast is big and scary."

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Could anyone fill me in on why people believe this latest leak? Has it gotten anything right yet?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Could anyone fill me in on why people believe this latest leak? Has it gotten anything right yet?
Which one are you referring to? The most believable one at the moment is the Ninka/vaanrose leak due to those character color pics. That's about it so nothing overly persuasive. Except it says Shulk is in so it must be real

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Which one are you referring to? The most believable one at the moment is the Ninka/vaanrose leak due to those character color pics. That's about it so nothing overly persuasive. Except it says Shulk is in so it must be real
You know, there have been like 5 leaks in the past week so I don't really know. But if it's the most believable one that also has Shulk in it, then it's probably the one I'm thinking about.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You know, there have been like 5 leaks in the past week so I don't really know. But if it's the most believable one that also has Shulk in it, then it's probably the one I'm thinking about.
I don't believe the leak I was citing, I just thought the event sounded like a lot of fun. I really hope we see something like that, and the event can work if Ridley is playable OR a stage boss depending on his mechanics!

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't believe the leak I was citing, I just thought the event sounded like a lot of fun. I really hope we see something like that, and the event can work if Ridley is playable OR a stage boss depending on his mechanics!
No no no, that wasn't directed at you! I just remember reading about some believable leak recently, and wondered what it was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom