• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Face

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

BluehunterZero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zero7298
3DS FC
5026-4480-2477
The Shulk thread ladies and gentlemen. Where we talk about possible Xenoblade content being featured in SSB4 only to start photoshopping Dickson's face onto Ditto's.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
The Shulk thread ladies and gentlemen. Where we talk about possible Xenoblade content being featured in SSB4 only to start photoshopping ****son's face onto Ditto's.
Drunk Heropons, mechon with computers, and xenomon...only available in shulk thread
And fanfiction. Terrible, terrible fanfiction.:p

Just to clarify, that wasn't meant to steer the conversation back there, guys. Just adding to the list.:)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
And Dittson would make a good candidate for a pokeball
It just shows up and distracts people with his giffyness
Lol no. Dittson is the next Pokémon rep.

Get educated.
thundabolt.gif

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Guys, I've got a video where someone translated the intro cutscene to XCX!

So, going off what we can learn from the intro monologue...
  • The alien attack begins in July of the year 2054.
  • The world's governments initiate a massive interstellar immigration program to flea the doomed planet.
  • Interstellar Immigration Ships take off from all of the world's major cities.
  • Most are shot down before even leaving Earth's atmosphere.
  • The ship carrying Neo Los Angeles is known as "White Whale"
  • The ship is adrift for two years before one of the alien species tracks it down.
  • The ship's military force, spearheaded by a sole hero, saves the ship from destruction.
  • The ship's main engine is damaged, causing White Whale to crash on Planet Mira
  • Two months pass after the crash before the game begins.
White Whale was one of the few ships that survived? If that's what they're implying, then I wonder if there's a Neo New York or Neo Tokyo. :O

Last edited:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
I know that this has been said before, and I know that this sounds sappy, but I love you guys. I really do.

When you bring up smash on anything else, it leads to trouble. On miiverse people ask for Goku and Shrek. On gamefaqs people call you a ****ing nerd for playing videogames. Don't even get me started on the YouTube comment section.

But here? You get kind, enthusiastic fans who share your intrests and enthusiastically discuss some of your favorite games. It's wild, it's fun, it's outright insane at some points. It always makes my day.
I love you guys. I really do.

In an unrelated post, is it bad that I want Bandana Dee at SDCC and Shulk later?

While I am annoyed at this pathetic attempt at comparing me to a pink blob, I am actually surprisingly content with this.
Nah just kidding I'll have your faces for lunch and your livers for supper
Did one of you guys make that profile, or is metal face seriously talking to us. :p

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
White Whale was one of the few ships that survived? If that's what they're implying, then I wonder if there's a Neo New York or Neo Tokyo. :O
Still hoping for Neo London, if just so we can have more of that glorious British voice acting.

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
I know that this has been said before, and I know that this sounds sappy, but I love you guys. I really do.

When you bring up smash on anything else, it leads to trouble. On miiverse people ask for Goku and Shrek. On gamefaqs people call you a ****ing nerd for playing videogames. Don't even get me started on the YouTube comment section.

But here? You get kind, enthusiastic fans who share your intrests and enthusiastically discuss some of your favorite games. It's wild, it's fun, it's outright insane at some points. It always makes my day.
I love you guys. I really do.

In an unrelated post, is it bad that I want Bandana Dee at SDCC and Shulk later?

Did one of you guys make that profile, or is metal face seriously talking to us. :p
don't mind Metal Face, hes cool

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Getting back on track i think Riki would make a good candidate for an assist trophy.
Or a character, though I know that'll never happen...:ohwell:

I had a great idea for a Reyn AT, though. Fitting his role in Xeno, he would show up (yelling 'now it's Reyn time', of course) and use his taunt ability, which would force all fighters other than the summoner to face Reyn as long as he's on screen, like drawing aggro. They could still attack, but they wouldn't be able turn away from him. this would allow the summoner to safely attack them from behind (which would be a great advantage for a backslash-using Shulk, or even Robin). He would also charge up for a huge attack during this, which he would launch at the nearest opponent when he finishes charging. However, he would be vulnerable to attacks, allowing the fighters forced to look at him a chance to stop it.

Whew... that went on a little long... I think it captures his role in combat pretty well, though.:)

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice

I had a great idea for a Reyn AT, though. Fitting his role in Xeno, he would show up (yelling 'now it's Reyn time', of course) and use his taunt ability, which would force all fighters other than the summoner to face Reyn as long as he's on screen, like drawing aggro. They could still attack, but they wouldn't be able turn away from him. this would allow the summoner to safely attack them from behind (which would be a great advantage for a backslash-using Shulk, or even Robin). He would also charge up for a huge attack during this, which he would launch at the nearest opponent when he finishes charging. However, he would be vulnerable to attacks, allowing the fighters forced to look at him a chance to stop it.

Whew... that went on a little long... I think it captures his role in combat pretty well, though.:)
or heropon volleyball

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone always say things like "Oh Bionis!" Why is it never "Oh Mechonis!" I have feelings too you know! I want more friends!

If only everyone knew about my story. *Cries*

Guess I'll be the second Xenoblade rep after Shulk to garner more respect. Heaviest in the game.

:troll:

Metal Face

Smash Cadet
The latter.
Actually, this is one of the people in this forum speaking here... Call it an evil alter-ego if you will. I plan to reveal who I am when Shulk is revealed...
...or if somebody can figure it out not by randomly guessing, but by giving logic and reasoning based on the actions of myself and Metal Face. Though even if I am found out, I'll be still using this account. But I plan to not leave any clues.
Why does everyone always say things like "Oh Bionis!" Why is it never "Oh Mechonis!" I have feelings too you know! I want more friends!

Guess I'll be the second Xenoblade rep after Shulk to garner more respect. Heaviest in the game.

Not before me you...
...thing I live on. This might backfire a little

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice

mechonis to replace ganondorf in smash!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Thats enough Dittson photoshops for today. Too much power for me to handle.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So I still think we're getting four more newcomers and of those four two will get trailers. BUT, part of me is starting to entertain the idea of all four getting trailers. If we play out a scenario where all four of these newcomers get reveal trailers similar to Robin (streamed through the website) and have it happen every other Monday the last one would be just a couple days before the 3DS version comes out in Japan. Part of me feels like Sakurai would reveal all the newcomers this time since all he secret ones would get spoiled by the internet anyway. And the thing is I can totally see Sakurai announcing on Friday they're live streaming another character reveal on Monday as oppose to Comic Con, because that's such a Nintendo thing to do. They showed Pac Man after the invitational and Robin & Captain Falcon after EVO. So I can see them revealing a new character the day after Comic Con. Guess we'll have to wait till Friday but I got a hunch it might happen.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Shulk and Bandana Dee are my two most wanted newcomers, so I kinda know how you feel.

Still, I think Bandana Dee is better suited to a hidden character. Shulk would generate much more hype. Both would be beyond awesome, though that reveal trailer would be pretty weird...:p

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

I'm not a fan of the 'you can't control your character mechanic,' but an idea I have to imitate aggro would be to give the players a reason to attack Reyn. One possible reason could be that Reyn won't go away (or not very quickly) unless he's attacked.

Another I can imagine would be there's some sort of reward for the person that gets the final hit on him. A reward that would fit would be his driver, which could be powerful and defensive at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom