• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Headset Confirmed for Brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Smash Rookie
Yes, you heard correctly, SSBB will have a headset included with the purchase of the game. This was confirmed by an employee at Gamestop. He told me this was some "inside" information, and that the headset wasn't going to be used again until Mario Kart for the Wii comes out.

Coselm

Smash Ace
That's cool.

The only "insider" information I've ever gotten was that Epona will be an assist trophy.

You must know a cool Gamestop. The Gamestops near me are all garbage. I went there and they didn't even know if Brawl was having a midnight release.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
Considering we're not allowed to use a name or the probably pre-curse filtered taunts online, I have a VERY hard time believing they would give us voice chat.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
So trolls exist in real life too, eh?

I wouldn't believe this unless I saw the headset for myself.

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
If thats true then I can't wait! The only problem is that my online connection sucks so I won't use online that often. Oh well, i'll just deal with it.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Why does people seem to think that because someone works at Gamestop they have some sort of inside info?

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Nintendo gives random teenagers at Gamestop inside information. Completely beleivable.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
nobody will believe this without proof. no offense, but an employee at gamestop is not a very good source of "inside" information

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Can you give us some proof to back up this information before I start Hammering? Please?

Rodzilla

Smash Rookie
That's cool.

The only "insider" information I've ever gotten was that Epona will be an assist trophy.

You must know a cool Gamestop. The Gamestops near me are all garbage. I went there and they didn't even know if Brawl was having a midnight release.
The Gamestop that I went to today will have a midnight release and will also host a tournament as well.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Total BS. We can't have our personal message taunt shown up in "with anyone" why would they give us a headset for voice chat? No, having it for "friends" is just dumb.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
ummmmm yeah the guy at gamestop told me they had the delay to add A BUNCH of characters, i believed him too

kill yourself

and if it does come with a headset, that would be cool, but i doubt some guy at gamestop would know

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
I have a hard time believing that for 3 reasons.
1. How would they link the headset for all over the world, or is it just for friends?
2. Wouldn't cost extra?
3. how would they attach it to the box? Or would they sell it seperately?

The Director

Smash Lord
You guys can rip my eyelids off if this is true because I'll be doing nothing but playing Brawl if it is. No time to blink.

...well I'll be doing nothing but playing Brawl as it is, so you might just want to go ahead and rip my eyelids off anyway.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
~Sigh. I come here expecting a confirmation of a headset for the Wii with a credible source (IGN, Nintendo, whatever) and I get another "MY FRIEND WHO HAZ TEH CONECTIONS!lol1!11one TOLD ME SO". I should have seen this coming from a mile away, if Sakurai has trouble with names then fat chance he would let us talk to the people we might even KNOW.

Rodzilla

Smash Rookie
~Sigh. I come here expecting a confirmation of a headset for the Wii with a credible source (IGN, Nintendo, whatever) and I get another "MY FRIEND WHO HAZ TEH CONECTIONS!lol1!11one TOLD ME SO". I should have seen this coming from a mile away, if Sakurai has trouble with names then fat chance he would let us talk to the people we might even KNOW.
Sorry, but this guy was not my friend. He was just fulfilling his obligations as a Gamestop employee to serve his customers as best he can.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Could it be that the cost of Brawl is higher than typical Wii games because it includes a headset? I remember Nintendo explicitly stating that they would not try to push the price of next gen games unlike their competition, but they seemed to have gone back on that with Brawl. It would make sense for it to cost more if there was headset with it though.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but this guy was not my friend. He was just fulfilling his obligations as a Gamestop employee to serve his customers as best he can.
That's irrelevant, for someone who obviously is not credited as a valid source to make such a statement that can obviously not be confirmed is nothing short of stupid. So of course you go ahead and believe him. Last time I checked a gamestop employee is in no way obligated to "leak" information to which he can not prove.

Rodzilla

Smash Rookie
Could it be that the cost of Brawl is higher than typical Wii games because it includes a headset? I remember Nintendo explicitly stating that they would not try to push the price of next gen games unlike their competition, but they seemed to have gone back on that with Brawl. It would make sense for it to cost more if there was headset with it though.
It cost me $54.11 to reserve the copy, and the employee told me its coming with a headset, so he would have charged me more if the price was going to be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom