• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

He slow

unii

Smash Cadet
I lived in Japan a week before the game came out and my friends back in Japan have said captain faclon is slowere than he was and weaker with a terrible final Smash I only played with captain and roy and shiek and yoshi but besides them ONLY CAPTAIN FALCON and thats just terrrible for me.\

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*sigh*

CF's FS isn't terrible at all. It is actually pretty easy to hit with, and it KOs if your enemy has a bit of % on them.

He may have reduced in running speed, but his aerials all are about as fast as their Melee counter parts. Exception goes to the dair.

Some of his potential was actually buffed. Uairs now have plenty more knockback, and can kill in an airguard. The uair also got a spike on the end of it's animation (I can't confirm this last bit though, I have yet to connect one).

The dair is now a spike, or if it's a meteor, I have yet to see my friends meteor canceling it. The dair also was given a horizontal hitbox, thus making airguarding have more potential.

His fair still kills. Granted it's a smaller hitbox, but once we adapt to it, we will have no problems.

The bair is just as useful as ever.

The Falcon Punch seemed (to me anyways) to come out even faster now.

His up B has higher height and better DI horizontally. You can now KO opponents who are edge hogging if you Up B into them.

The Raptor Boost got several new buffs. You can now grab the ledge after Raptor Boosts. If you Raptor Boost into an opponent while in mid air, you travel over them, as well as performing a spike/meteor (I didn't get to test it, but I know you fly over them). Granted you can't combo from a grounded raptor boost, but it is great for spacing to get your opponent into the air and forcing them to think fast. Apply that to the heavy chars and you have kill set ups.

I don't know why everyone is playing CF like it's Melee, but it's time you guys change.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
*sigh*

CF's FS isn't terrible at all. It is actually pretty easy to hit with, and it KOs if your enemy has a bit of % on them.

He may have reduced in running speed, but his aerials all are about as fast as their Melee counter parts. Exception goes to the dair.

Some of his potential was actually buffed. Uairs now have plenty more knockback, and can kill in an airguard. The uair also got a spike on the end of it's animation (I can't confirm this last bit though, I have yet to connect one).

The dair is now a spike, or if it's a meteor, I have yet to see my friends meteor canceling it. The dair also was given a horizontal hitbox, thus making airguarding have more potential.

His fair still kills. Granted it's a smaller hitbox, but once we adapt to it, we will have no problems.

The bair is just as useful as ever.

The Falcon Punch seemed (to me anyways) to come out even faster now.

His up B has higher height and better DI horizontally. You can now KO opponents who are edge hogging if you Up B into them.

The Raptor Boost got several new buffs. You can now grab the ledge after Raptor Boosts. If you Raptor Boost into an opponent while in mid air, you travel over them, as well as performing a spike/meteor (I didn't get to test it, but I know you fly over them). Granted you can't combo from a grounded raptor boost, but it is great for spacing to get your opponent into the air and forcing them to think fast. Apply that to the heavy chars and you have kill set ups.

I don't know why everyone is playing CF like it's Melee, but it's time you guys change.

I love you. Captain Falcon may be different, but he's Falcon! He cannot, and will not suck!

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
Captain falcon was way to fast to begin with im glad they slowed him down.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Hell be fine. The game is different then melee so, people really need to find different ways to play with him. The knee still looks effective and some of his other moves look just as useful if not more.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that the people who only used Captain Falcon for his tier position in Melee are leaving in Brawl. Only those truly loyal to the Captain remain. I'm not going to be taking any crap from Sonic, Ike, and Pit mainers online. Captain Falcon approves this message.

D

Deleted member

So? He is slower than Melee? He is still one of the top 3 fastest characters in the game. Excluding Sonic, he is the fastest. His FS kicks *** BTW. Not only is it a one hit KO, but it is also very unique and original.

Gerbil- The Falcon Punch is indeed faster. Rarely no lag at all.

KidChameleon

Smash Rookie
everybody's slower in brawl- lol you guys worry as if you're going have to fight against melee paced characters.

this game is less about who can twitch faster, and more about who makes the right moves.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Didn't Falcon like essentially lose most of his combos in the transition of Melee to Brawl?

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
HIS FINAL SMASH HAS ITS OWN CUTSCNECE!!!!! WHO HAS THAT? that how epic and awesome he is.
he just got a little slower thats mostly it, hes still awesome, special attacks got major inprovement, ariels are still awesome

SparkElectro

Smash Rookie
Didn't Falcon like essentially lose most of his combos in the transition of Melee to Brawl?
Dur hurrrrrr. I would have never guessed that a new game would make old combos useless. Not at all!

He may not be as high tier as he once was in Melee, but that in no way means he's going to suck. I believe Sakurai when he says he tried his best to even out the character balance. **** everyone who ever doubted the Captain, including myself at one point.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea, hes slower than melee falcon. lets keep in mind hes still the 2nd fastest character in the game next to sonic. thats right. yea. uh huh. yea.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon's FS is awesome!!! Who else ****ing runs people over with a race car? That's right nobody but the Captain!

FALCON PAWNCH!

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Lol at some of the Melee Falcon players trying to find an identity in Brawl.

Kudos to those that weren't phased by the new Falcon playstyle (moar knee!).

Anyways, don't look at it as Falcon being slowed down... remember that the game overall got slowed down a bit, so in comparison to everybody else (he'll chew through Sonic in an aerial battle) he's freakin' fast. In theory, at least, lol.

Top Bottom