• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HD 60 FPS Zelda Match: Direct Feed! Zelda's UpSmash PULLS PEOPLE IN!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
It's on Nintendo's Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/b/551127009

Starts at 36:47.

There's also someone 60 FPS Zelda play on the 3DS version later on in the feed, but its just casuals.

At 39:09, Zelda's misses the first part of her UpSmash (the first swipe) but it PULLS Fox in for the second swipe! Amazing!

Also, Farore's Wind kills Fox at 42 PERCENT!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
That.Was.Awesome! That had me so excited that she killed fox that way.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
This match was my favorite to watch by far. I love that Zelda has gotten those buffs. Seems like she will be better with 1 vs.1 than in FFAs.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Neat! Nice putting it up here, too.

Also note at 38:19, It appears Ftilt actually DOESN'T have shortened range. Hooray!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I think I figured out Dash attack's new hit-box system.

It appear to be incredibly powerful at the start, at around her hands. (Like correctly spacing it.) Unlike previously where hitting very close was more powerful. You can even see that hitting while like, inside them does less damage and KB. Along with this, this "sweetspot" seems stronger than the old Brawl sweetspot. Not much, but it's something I guess.

Dsmash looks alright, I can't tell if it's just the player or if it STILL actually doesn't have any newIASA frames. I hope it has Melee like IASA again. The range also appears to be a little shorter--missing at times where its crazy Brawl range would hit.

Last edited:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Good match, it's nice to see more 1vs1's...
Her dash is looking mighty fine.
I'm upset about her down smash, the range is severely reduced. I guess it's a move if they're right beside you, because it doesn't extend too far.
Is her grab faster or is that just me? He got some good unexpected grabs on Fox.
And nice Usmash, all the times he used it, good distance too. It's shorter as well which seems nice, Brawl's Usmash took forever to finish.
FW>>>

Edit: Here's HQ Youtube Video... Add to OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebFQbwUlIhc

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, really great match. Love to finally see some Zelda action one on one, since it's so much harder to really get a sense of what's new when everything is so hectic.

Dash attack looks awesome, looks like it has a larger hitbox to me - and the sweetspot is noticeably stronger (and maybe a bit bigger?).

I think that was Bill Trinen playing her, right? I was a bit disappointed that he didn't use her nair or new dspecial at all, because I would have liked to see the new nair with increased hitstun + benefiting from the decrease in SDI effectiveness.

Regardless, her Farore's just looks ridiculously impressive each time I see it now - KOing from 32%! Reappearing so fast!

Nayru's is bigger and looks to have less ending lag(??? I might have been imagining this) so that's always a plus.

Grab did look faster, I hope I wasn't just imagining that.

Her u-air looked a good bit faster, though it also looked like it had less knockback for sure.

Dsmash still looks fast and reliable, but disappointingly had its range reduced. Still a good option since it's so fast and safe, thankfully.

Fsmash didn't look too different, maybe a bit quicker/stronger, but not too much?

Usmash pulling Fox in after she whiffed the first hit was cool to see! It does look shorter, which gives less opportunity to SDI out (and SDI is less of a factor now anyway, so that's going to be very nice).

utilt and ftilt look a bit faster, certainly, but nothing there that I would say truly stood out to me.

Dins was unfortunately disappointing to see. It looked almost slower, and the explosion was nowhere near as disjointed and deceptive as it was in Brawl. The Din's that landed directly behind Fox and failed to hit him would have hit him for sure in Brawl, and it looked like the sourspot of Din's was pretty weak. The one sweetspotted Din's he landed did look powerful, but it's in a sad state right now from the looks of it :(

OVERALL though, she looks definitely improved from her Brawl self, faster in pretty much all respects, still rocking those strong kill moves (lost a couple, gained a couple - but imo, the ones she gained will prove to be more reliable than those she lost), got a more reliable recovery, and of course has a few tricks up her sleeve that weren't even showcased at all in the video, such as her nair and Phantom. - I'm very pleased with her direction so far. It doesn't look top tier material, at least not right off the bat per se, but I do hope it's enough to knock her up from second to last - and I believe it will be!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
That was nice to watch x) was this not the E3 version then?? Cos I heard somewhere that it was he same version, unchanged from E3. If not, nice to know Nintendo's watching and sending buffs coming our way.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
That was nice to watch x) was this not the E3 version then?? Cos I heard somewhere that it was he same version, unchanged from E3. If not, nice to know Nintendo's watching and sending buffs coming our way.
I think it was the E3 build, I guess we just didn't notice before with all of the 4 player fights.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what the final build will look like!

P.S. I am mainly posting because I love Cupil the end
Yeah, I think that they'll definitely give her a few more buffs before the final version, based on the input of the "pros" from the invitational and footage of random Zelda play - so I think she'll end up being even better than she looks there, which is an exciting thought to say the least. (In particular, I'm kind of expecting some Din's and Phantom buffing)

Wahaha, thank you! All of my friends constantly have to ask what he is, but Cupil is just so damn adorable and Skies is definitely within my top 10 games ever ;)

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Ahh, really great match. Love to finally see some Zelda action one on one, since it's so much harder to really get a sense of what's new when everything is so hectic.

Dash attack looks awesome, looks like it has a larger hitbox to me - and the sweetspot is noticeably stronger (and maybe a bit bigger?).

I think that was Bill Trinen playing her, right? I was a bit disappointed that he didn't use her nair or new dspecial at all, because I would have liked to see the new nair with increased hitstun + benefiting from the decrease in SDI effectiveness.

Regardless, her Farore's just looks ridiculously impressive each time I see it now - KOing from 32%! Reappearing so fast!

Nayru's is bigger and looks to have less ending lag(??? I might have been imagining this) so that's always a plus.

Grab did look faster, I hope I wasn't just imagining that.

Her u-air looked a good bit faster, though it also looked like it had less knockback for sure.

Dsmash still looks fast and reliable, but disappointingly had its range reduced. Still a good option since it's so fast and safe, thankfully.

Fsmash didn't look too different, maybe a bit quicker/stronger, but not too much?

Usmash pulling Fox in after she whiffed the first hit was cool to see! It does look shorter, which gives less opportunity to SDI out (and SDI is less of a factor now anyway, so that's going to be very nice).

utilt and ftilt look a bit faster, certainly, but nothing there that I would say truly stood out to me.

Dins was unfortunately disappointing to see. It looked almost slower, and the explosion was nowhere near as disjointed and deceptive as it was in Brawl. The Din's that landed directly behind Fox and failed to hit him would have hit him for sure in Brawl, and it looked like the sourspot of Din's was pretty weak. The one sweetspotted Din's he landed did look powerful, but it's in a sad state right now from the looks of it :(

OVERALL though, she looks definitely improved from her Brawl self, faster in pretty much all respects, still rocking those strong kill moves (lost a couple, gained a couple - but imo, the ones she gained will prove to be more reliable than those she lost), got a more reliable recovery, and of course has a few tricks up her sleeve that weren't even showcased at all in the video, such as her nair and Phantom. - I'm very pleased with her direction so far. It doesn't look top tier material, at least not right off the bat per se, but I do hope it's enough to knock her up from second to last - and I believe it will be!
We have to see how she fares with other Smash 4 Characters, some of Zelda's design choices are questionable, her buff for her specials are great, but her close ranged attacks are not what I hoped for.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Zelda's magic effects sound and look amazing this time around. Especially Nayru's Love and Din's Fire!

And my god Fox's voice is annoying now. :glare:

Top Bottom